• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cyrille Guimard Interview

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I read it this morning in the paper l'Equipe. Can't find it online though.

Basically, a few very intersting points:

1) Dope sucks, a way to stop it is to financially ruin the cheater. For instance the second behind number one in a race, who gets caught, should sue the doper for a few million euros. He doesn't understand why Andy Schleck didn't attack in justice Contador

2) A winner of Tour de France is worth at least 3 to 4 million euros, hence he believes that Froome will attack Wiggins, unless both find an agreement through their respective agents (or do they share the same?)

3) In 1970, at a French championship, Guimard came second to a guy who was disqualified for amphetamines. He wanted to sue him, but at 22, didn't have enough money. He asked his team chef to do it, but he refused. "If I had won the case back then, it could have been a premiere, and maybe doping wouldn't have become what it became."

Very interesting reading, if anyone finds a link...I will be off for a few days now!

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Adamastor said:
...1) Dope sucks, a way to stop it is to financially ruin the cheater. For instance the second behind number one in a race, who gets caught, should sue the doper for a few million euros. He doesn't understand why Andy Schleck didn't attack in justice Contador
OK I'll say it - becomes farcical if 5th is suing 4th is suing 3rd is suing 2nd etc.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Under oath

Adamastor said:
I read it this morning in the paper l'Equipe. Can't find it online though.

Basically, a few very intersting points:

1) Dope sucks, a way to stop it is to financially ruin the cheater. For instance the second behind number one in a race, who gets caught, should sue the doper for a few million euros. He doesn't understand why Andy Schleck didn't attack in justice Contador

Schleck might end up on the stand under oath with some difficult questions to answers regarding his "training".

Same reason why some people who claim they want to sue Landis actually never get around to filing the paperwork.

TRENDING THREADS