• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

David Kopp admits to doping at Gerolsteiner.

http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_82226.htm (German)

Admits to having taken EPO, Growth Hormone, Testosterone, Cortisone etc.
To get the products he would talk to his team doctors Ernst Jacob, Giuliano Peruzzi und Mark Schmidt.
Says the products weren't offered to the riders but if you wanted them you could get them as well as information on how to use them from those doctors.
Implicates Holczer must've had knowledge about what was going on.
Made his confession to help out Stefan Schumacher.

kingjr said:
Forgot to mention he also called out Sebastian Lang as a doper.

Lang retired after '11. Cheap call out, but it might be useful.

Gerolsteiner's roster from '07:

FOTHEN, Markus
FOTHEN, Thomas
FROHLINGER, Johannes
FöRSTER, Robert
GATTO, Oscar
HAUSSLER, Heinrich
HIEKMANN, Torsten
KLINGER, Tim
KOHL, Bernhard
KOPP, David
KRAUSS, Sven
LANG, Sebastian
ORDOWSKI, Volker
REBELLIN, Davide
RUSS, Matthias
SCHOLZ, Ronny
SCHUMACHER, Stefan
STAMSNIJDER, Tom
STRAUSS, Marcel
WEGMANN, Fabian
WESTPHAL, Carlo
WROLICH, Peter
ZAUGG, Oliver
ZBERG, Markus
ZBERG, Beat

Try another name Mr Kopp, and somebody other than Rebellin, Kohl etc.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mr.38% said:
Props to Koppi for protecting his friends' financial basis against Holczers ridicolous claims.

100% agree.

When I heard few weeks ago that Kopp would join the trial in Stuttgart, I already had this strong feeling he would be an important support for Schumacher.

And good to see Kopp himself apparently is doing well, and didn´t follow VDB´s or others´s path.

Great person and athlete - not many riders have been on the podium of E3 and Wevelgem.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
afpm90 said:
I always thought that Lang was on CERA on the 2008 Tour, like his famous team mates. I remember him climbing better than he used to, and being the strongest on a lot of breakaways.

Can´t imagine that Lang was on CERA in 2008´s Tour. They tested Schumi and Kohl positive, so they would also have caught Lang (I know that many more than Schumi, Kohl and Ricco have been positive, but these three were the only ones that have been declared positve in public).

Lang certainly wasn´t a hardcore doper. Kopp said he took Synacthene, and I could imagine he furthermore did EPO, but can´t imagine many more things. Lang, however, was and is a hardcore hypocrite.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
kingjr said:
http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_82226.htm (German)

Admits to having taken EPO, Growth Hormone, Testosterone, Cortisone etc.
To get the products he would talk to his team doctors Ernst Jacob, Giuliano Peruzzi und Mark Schmidt.
Says the products weren't offered to the riders but if you wanted them you could get them as well as information on how to use them from those doctors.
Implicates Holczer must've had knowledge about what was going on.
Made his confession to help out Stefan Schumacher.
Good thing dottore Peruzzi is now a proud member of MPCC, representing Caja Rural. Yet, Jonathan Vaughters and the Race Radio never heard of him.

Yep.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Good thing dottore Peruzzi is now a proud member of MPCC, representing Caja Rural. Yet, Jonathan Vaughters and the Race Radio never heard of him.

Yep.

I am not surprised at JV saying such. He plays the game to suit his needs never revealing his cards.

Not much is known about RR, how involved he was in the sport so could be plausible he doesn't know anything about Peruzzi.

Dazed and Confused said:
Lang retired after '11. Cheap call out, but it might be useful.

Gerolsteiner's roster from '07:

FOTHEN, Markus
FOTHEN, Thomas
FROHLINGER, Johannes
FöRSTER, Robert
GATTO, Oscar
HAUSSLER, Heinrich
HIEKMANN, Torsten
KLINGER, Tim
KOHL, Bernhard
KOPP, David
KRAUSS, Sven
LANG, Sebastian
ORDOWSKI, Volker
REBELLIN, Davide
RUSS, Matthias
SCHOLZ, Ronny
SCHUMACHER, Stefan
STAMSNIJDER, Tom
STRAUSS, Marcel
WEGMANN, Fabian
WESTPHAL, Carlo
WROLICH, Peter
ZAUGG, Oliver
ZBERG, Markus
ZBERG, Beat

Try another name Mr Kopp, and somebody other than Rebellin, Kohl etc.
Would like Gatto, Stamsnijder, and Haussler.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I am not surprised at JV saying such. He plays the game to suit his needs never revealing his cards.

Not much is known about RR, how involved he was in the sport so could be plausible he doesn't know anything about Peruzzi.
I dont expect these fellows to know every New Kid on The Block but when one comes to these kinda statements one wonders where the interest lies:

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 6 june
@BCJS14 no. I just ask him who was there. Why would I? I don't care who is there. I care what the policy is.

@bcjs14 don't ask him, that is.

BSS ‏@BCJS14 6 june
@Vaughters Doing dealings with:
* Mantovani
* Menuet
* Peruzzi
* Besnati
is not normal. Not even mentioning others, dont BS people.

@BCJS14 I don't know who any if these folks are, man. No idea. Don't bull**** me.

Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 6 june
@Vaughters @BCJS14 Latest Italian Boy Band?

Every mtf in cycling knew that Gerolsteiner was a joke, everyone in cycling knows the history of mister Besnati, mister Vaughters knows monsieur Menuet thanks to his sweet loving with David Millar. But hello, all are welcome at MPCC.

Latest Italian boyband? Pathetic.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
I dont expect these fellows to know every New Kid on The Block but when one comes to these kinda statements one wonders where the interest lies:

Every mtf in cycling knew that Gerolsteiner was a joke, everyone in cycling knows the history of mister Besnati, mister Vaughters knows monsieur Menuet thanks to his sweet loving with David Millar. But hello, all are welcome at MPCC.

Latest Italian boyband? Pathetic.

Yea, besnati. I think there was a thread.