• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dear BeIn Sport,

Dear BeIn Sport,

The only reason I'm subscribed to your channel is to watch cycling on TV.

I understand it may not be possible to broadcast the Tour de Suisse live on a Sunday morning since live Serie A football might be more popular so I'm willing to settle for your as live replay this afternoon.

However, you need to be a bit smarter about when you take your commercial breaks.

For example, with 2 km left on a mountain top finish Tejay Van Garderen launches an attack from the main bunch and bein sport decides to launch an advertisement.

In my mind that would be the worst possible moment to cut away from the action. A cycle race is filled with loooooooooooooooong stretches of coverage when nothing is happening and an advertisement might make more sense at that time.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Potomac said:
Dear BeIn Sport,

The only reason I'm subscribed to your channel is to watch cycling on TV.

I understand it may not be possible to broadcast the Tour de Suisse live on a Sunday morning since live Serie A football might be more popular so I'm willing to settle for your as live replay this afternoon.

However, you need to be a bit smarter about when you take your commercial breaks.

For example, with 2 km left on a mountain top finish Tejay Van Garderen launches an attack from the main bunch and bein sport decides to launch an advertisement.

In my mind that would be the worst possible moment to cut away from the action. A cycle race is filled with loooooooooooooooong stretches of coverage when nothing is happening and an advertisement might make more sense at that time.

Especially since it is tape delay coverage. Why?

Yes, cycling is the ONLY reason I pay for this channel.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
What? Live Serie A? Brazilian Serie A? Surely that's not THAT popular. I could understand cycling being overlooked for Italian football, but not some some second rate league.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It's no worse than NBC completely shunning cycling so they can finish hockey game highlights. Really, coverage of cycling is pretty bad in the US. Although I was glad that BeIN had the Giro as well as several other high profile races, it's obvious they don't care too much about cycling. And NBC sports is just terrible with any cycling coverage outside the Tour de France. Universal isn't too bad, but they need to get the Giro (as well as more than a few other races) back.

It would be nice if one network could get the rights to all the biggest races (all the GT's and classics as well as others), and dedicate the time and coverage to those races that they are deserved. But a lot of Americans only really care about (or know about in some cases) the Tour. So we 'real' American cycling fans for the time being will have to make do with what we have.