• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Didn't see any Assos Gear on Stage 16 - Giro

Did anyone see any Assos gear being worn by the pro's during Stage 16 of the Giro ?

For a company that claims they make the best and highest quality cycling apparel for cold/wet/adverse cycling conditions, I don't understand why they are so scarce in the pro peloton.

:confused:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't BMC use Assos? maybe they don't sponsor a PT team. We old farts are sponsoring Assos. I have added a bit here and there. Pretty much love the cold weather stuff and the shorts.
Consistently last longer and function effectively. My Airblock tights must be 9 years old?

I distinctly remember seeing a photo of someone wearing Assos gloves. I'll check

edit: Paolini

34zndpu.jpg

Must have been some riders wearing their thermal wear or rebranded jackets like they do with the Gabba.

Like Luckyboy mentioned with Castelli's Gabba jerseys, if the maker is not one that sponsors the team, the team's will black out the manufacturer name with marker. If a rider prefers an Assos item I would guess if he has the okay of the team he'd simply cover up the Assos name to avoid upsetting the team clothing sponsor. I too am a bit surprised that the manufacturer considered the best in the sport isn't visible as a sponsor at it's highest level.