• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Diego Ulissi Rising Star

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
RiccoDinko said:
It's too bad Diego ended up in that ditch yesterday. He's showing some real GC power in the Giro.

I never expected that performance today, like you said real GC power. If he could be consistent enough.... Who knows.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Finally he starts to deliver.I expected this breakthrough for at least 2 years.He can be a good classic (and 1 week st.races) rider.Seems like a nice guy,Lampre needs him so bad, hopefuly he will continue in 2nd part of the season!:)

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Do you know how much points can you earn on intermediate? I like his chances for the first TV tomorrow, but seems very unlikely for him to win overall points classification at the end of the race. Nizzolo should fight for victory on the last stage.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
That's cause there isn't one. He should stick with what he does best, and slowly he's becoming best in the peleton at it: stage hunting.

I also had pericarditis, following a stent (thankfully not after a heart attack). It was...not fun. I had to take 6 months off the bike and basically start from scratch. Even putting out 100w on a trainer for 20 minutes was a real effort.

Myocarditis, from what I understand, is actually more serious than pericarditis, and so I'm really sorry for Ulissi. But if a Holter ECG and a few other tests confirmed it, he really should take time off.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I also had pericarditis, following a stent (thankfully not after a heart attack). It was...not fun. I had to take 6 months off the bike and basically start from scratch. Even putting out 100w on a trainer for 20 minutes was a real effort.

Myocarditis, from what I understand, is actually more serious than pericarditis, and so I'm really sorry for Ulissi. But if a Holter ECG and a few other tests confirmed it, he really should take time off.
I don't even know how I got mine. Was 24 at the time and just woke up with severe chest pain, wemt to work and it went away later that day, and then came back the next night and radiated to my back. I didn't have it that bad though, it went away in a week. I'm sorry to hear that but at least you're better!
Yes since instead of the sack around your heart it's the muscle. It can cause more pain when the heart is pumping, arrhythmia, blood to leak back through the valves, and failure. Scary stuff but they were able to identify it and he can get help. Especially not during a race or training since that could make it worse. Depending on when this started happening that could explain his results. Didn't Gesink have issues with his heart too that was found in like 2014-2016?

Reactions: Bolder

TRENDING THREADS