• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Digital EPO

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
There are eight categories of racers.

1) Unemployable.
2) Should probably get a job.
3) Delusional.
4) Good times unless things are taken too seriously.
5) Balls to toe the line and risk injury by others with the same amount of balls.
6) Weekly race is the local group ride.
7) Pathletes: Race unknown people they see ahead on the MUT.
8) Strava racers: Don't even want to risk the possibility of the person on the MUT seeing them and hitting the gas.

You forgot one:

9) The Crushers : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_YthEniLYI

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Direct link to the site (which is a joke by the way.)

http://digitalepo.com/
http://digitalepo.com/skata.php

text.png

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
brodeal - LOL (4)

This digital EPO kind of tells you everything you need to know about cycling. I see fatty masters buying Aicar off the Interwebz as part of the same thing. Some people just cant accept someone else is quicker.

Strava is a lot of fun, if you don't take it too seriously, and can be quite useful for virtual course recces etc, and for seeing what your mates are up to without a load of social fluff. There is nothing like a Pro Tour race going full gas through your local segments to put a perspective on it though :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:
brodeal - LOL (4)

This digital EPO kind of tells you everything you need to know about cycling. I see fatty masters buying Aicar off the Interwebz as part of the same thing. Some people just cant accept someone else is quicker.

Strava is a lot of fun, if you don't take it too seriously, and can be quite useful for virtual course recces etc, and for seeing what your mates are up to without a load of social fluff. There is nothing like a Pro Tour race going full gas through your local segments to put a perspective on it though :D

No one I know uses their real name, makes the standings read like a comedy show. :D

Oh man, I dislike it even more now.

I discovered that the rankings aren't peer rankings.

Figure this one out... A rider, not you, rides the same route 10x at varying intensity. Said rider, not you, sets a KOM on Ride 3 and on Ride 8 is 4 minutes slower. The rider is then BOTH first and 33rd or whatever 4 minutes slower works out to be, plus the other 8 rides sprinkled throughout the rankings. But, your results are not treated the same way. Your personal record is the only one shown.

Ugh. I guess my thinking about this feature is nothing like what they decided to do at Strava.