• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does any pro wear compression tops?

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My first google hit* on "UCI bans compression wear" brings me to this site road.cc which writes:

"Socks must be no higher than the mid-point between the ankle and the knee. That's not a sartorial judgment on Bradley Wiggins’ calf-length black socks, but it's designed to ban the use of compression socks ([...]). All other compression clothing is forbidden too - so compression base layers and compression leg warmers, which are made by quite a lot of brands, are out. We're not sure at what point normal leg warmers become compression leg warmers, though"

*) But, hey, google personalizes your search results these days, so no guarantee that it will show up first in your google results too.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Well if you're a medium and wear a small does that equate to a compression top?

No, but I doubt it will have the same effect. It will probably just be very uncomfortable. Dedicated compression clothing is designed in a certain way to actually have a positive effect (debatable as that may be).