• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does team GB / Sky have a doping programme?

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Probably.
Allthough maybe the better question being why weren't they on it last year? I can still see the entire team at the front on the first climb in the tour then all of them blowing up spectacularly after a few minutes.

happychappy said:
Probably.
Allthough maybe the better question being why weren't they on it last year? I can still see the entire team at the front on the first climb in the tour then all of them blowing up spectacularly after a few minutes.

Perhaps it's a case of stepping up progressively building towards Olympics?

This would apply both to any doping programme and also to non-doping related work too.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I would say that Garmin & Sky are perhaps the cleanest teams in the peloton... I wouldn't suspect many of their riders to be anywhere near doping. Both of them have successful antidoping programs.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
How do you tell a "successful antidoping program" ?

they haven't been caught doping, although Froome must have been sailing close to the edge and Husvod's climbing must have rang some bells ;)

A

Anonymous

I think GB did (as did many olympic teams) pre lottery funding, but I think since the money has been there the advantages for them have been equipment, coaching and of course having the manchester velodrome.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I think GB did (as did many olympic teams) pre lottery funding, but I think since the money has been there the advantages for them have been equipment, coaching and of course having the manchester velodrome.

If there was a major doping scandal on the GB Track setup would they lose the lottery funding?

I am inclined to believe they would, or at least it would be heavily cut down, though it would be down to UK sport, which I am sure would listen to the righteous indignation of the fine upstanding alocoholics, cheats and liars of parliament.

This goes back to 2002 but:

Ensure that Lottery funded athletes are prioritised for testing UK Sport will be responsible for monitoring and will ensure that lottery funds for athletes who have committed doping offences are suspended and, in the case of serious offences, are suspended for life.

Track Cycling is one of the top funded sports (about 90 individual grants plus the key infrastructure).

One or two infractions by individuals (eg Millar historically) is unlikely to damage the general funding. Any organised doping through team GB would be a different matter.

i'm not sure how anyone can question the integrity ethics of a corporate body who hacked dead girls phone, deleted her messages and then sent PIs after the family's legal representatives...:)

and that's just waht we know about

senior management obviously only look so far if commercial matters are being taken care of

the cycling team would need to out festina festina to score worse on the ethics scale....

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gillan1969 said:
i'm not sure how anyone can question the integrity ethics of a corporate body who hacked dead girls phone, deleted her messages and then sent PIs after the family's legal representatives...:)

and that's just waht we know about

senior management obviously only look so far if commercial matters are being taken care of

the cycling team would need to out festina festina to score worse on the ethics scale....

That's a giant leap there between the newspapers illegal behaviour and despicable i must add, part of a corporation and their TV company sponsoring a bike team!

i dont doubt the PED use on teamsky/TeamGB, look at Froome/Wiggins that and their unbeleivable (in my eyes) sweeping of the boards in track cycling. both Brailsfords teams.