• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

doping and the future of cycling video - G. Lemond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
watched this for around 20 minutes thinking this was new or about to be interesting.. it's actually 2 years old?? thanks.. didn't need to see that. not an interesting first 20 minutes, fyi warning.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Great video,

Any video or discussion highlighting ethics in cycling is worth watching and rewatching. Hopefully more poeple will follow in Greg's direction, have some passion, and help remove the pathological apex leaders who promote doping in our sport.

NW

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
why is there this belief that LeMond never doped. He said years ago that he stopped racing because he couldn't win against doppers, and yet he beats Laurant Fignon who confessed to doping. Not saying that Armstrong, and others were/aren't doping, just wondering why everyone believes LeMond so much.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
green manalishi said:
why is there this belief that LeMond never doped. He said years ago that he stopped racing because he couldn't win against doppers, and yet he beats Laurant Fignon who confessed to doping. Not saying that Armstrong, and others were/aren't doping, just wondering why everyone believes LeMond so much.

He couldn't win against EPO users. No clean rider can, a clean rider could beat a pre-EPO doper. Now I'm hardly going to bet my unborn childs soul on LeMond being clean, but it's possible. For any later Tour winner it's more or less impossible.

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have no more reason to believe that Lemond was clean than I do to believe that Armstrong is clean. Not one iota more. Why should I believe Lemond? Because he says he was clean? Then why shouldn't I believe Armstrong; after all, Armstrong says he was clean.

I don't really trust any of them, including Landis. They've all been shown to be shifty and feckless, let's face it. I'm just glad I'm not one of them. They all seem miserable to me.

green manalishi said:

I'll leave it to one of the guys who have exhaustively typed the answer to this question 5,000 times now to respond to you. I won't do the answer justice.

Now we have a seemingly endless stream of new posters (post count < 5 at this time), all making completely unsubstantiated implications that Lemond doped without one TINY shred of even the thinnest of evidence. They can't even pay a former rider to say it.

Welcome PR onslaught. Are you getting paid by the # of posts, user names, or number of times you slag Lemond? Didn't you already lose that case?

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have worked in the bicycle industry for about 15 years.
I have actually met LeMond(Who many of you can say that)
Have been reading cyclingnews for about 4 years, and have never written to a blog because I thought they were stupid, and well, you just confirmed that for me!

Thanks

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Greg speaks of a team mate who left for an Italian team in order to be, apparently, more competitve on a doping programme. In Jan 95 this team mate died.

Who was he?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
green manalishi said:
I can say that. I can also say I've met Obama, Churchill and the ghost of Hamlet. That is the wonder of the internet.

I don't think he doped because there has never been one tiny shred of evidence that he did, and very motivated people can't find ANYTHING.

Is it possible? Yes.

You absolutely implied he did by questioning him beating someone who took cortisone. That isn't evidence, it's uninformed speculation at best.

My comments about the rash of posters do not only include yours. Check the other threads.

green manalishi said:
Have been reading cyclingnews for about 4 years, and have never written to a blog because I thought they were stupid, and well, you just confirmed that for me!

Thanks

Well then that begs the question: why did you even ask YOUR question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS