• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in football

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Striking:
Half of the anonymous interviewees said that footballers use recreational drugs, particularly cocaine.
The survey reveals that 13 percent of players believe performance enhancers are used,

footballplayers clearly have no clue what he medics are giving them.
if the medics say the transfusion is for vitamins, the players believe it.
perfect way to keep them silent.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Alphabet said:
Obligatory video footage of Canavarro receiving a drip of cortisone (I think) prior to the '99 UEFA Cup final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf8Ro3eJsjY
thanks.
jaw dropping stuff. goodness me.

not that we didn't know that football players are being doped full-throttle, but the naturalness is just baffling. They have no sense of any wrongdoing, or simply know there aint nobody who's going to care. It's part of the game, and nobody really questions it (or dares to question it).

parma won that match 3-0, crowning the most successful 5 years in club history.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Football at the top is riddled with doping.

Just have to look at their physiques. The ability to come back from injuries so quickly and what we know anecdotally about footballers attending Fuentes.

It has susprised me that no footballers were mentioned in Ferarri's recent phone tapping. Maybe AC Milan, Juve, Inter all have better docs than Ferarri.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
this excerpt from the interview with Hoberman tells us all we need to know.
WADA really looks bad here.

When the IOC reported no positive drug tests from the 1980 Moscow Olympic Games, this nonsensical claim was greeted with the ridicule it deserved. Unofficial screening by the IOC doping expert Manfred Donike indicated testosterone doping by 20 percent of all athletes tested — male and female — at the Moscow Games. But when FIFA reported in 2010 not a single positive test over four consecutive World Cup competitions (1998-2010), not one protest was heard. The fact that FIFA chief medical officer Jiri Dvorak sits on WADA’s Health, Medical & Research Committee is only a detail in the context of the WADA-FIFA relationship. (The chair of this committee is the ubiquitous Arne Ljungqvist.) Far more significant is the anti-doping kabuki WADA’s top officials have consented to perform in public with the hustler-apparatchik Sepp Blatter. For what all the little emperors — Samaranch, Nebiolo, Blatter, and others — have understood is that doping can be managed as a public-relations problem. Going through the motions of drug testing can be enough.
velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/analysis/hoberman-qa-outlining-corruption-doping-collusion-at-the-ioc-uci_270482/5

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Football at the top is riddled with doping.

Just have to look at their physiques. The ability to come back from injuries so quickly and what we know anecdotally about footballers attending Fuentes.

It has susprised me that no footballers were mentioned in Ferarri's recent phone tapping. Maybe AC Milan, Juve, Inter all have better docs than Ferarri.

The physiques thing is a dead giveaway for Cristiano Ronaldo to me. Being a winger in football is like being a mountain climber in cycling they cover the most distance and should be the skinniest. Especially something like running in football it's difficult to gain mass with all that eccentric exercise.

It's similar with Rafael Nadal in tennis.

David Beckham looks like he's legit to me, also Thierry Henry seemed to get off some anabolics, maybe unwittingly when he moved from Juve to Arsenal.

Football is one of the few sports where I can believe accidental drug ingestion actually occurs.

TRENDING THREADS