• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Italy

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So Vaconsoleil have opened an internal investigation into Rujano

Can someone translate this better than google translate

Cade anche il venezuelano José Rujano nella rete dell'antidoping. Secondo Repubblica uno scalatore venezuelano in forza alla Vacansoleil (e francamente non vediamo altri venezuelani nella formazione olandese oltre a Rujano) sarebbe coinvolto nell'indagine denominata "Amateur" e coordinata dalla Procura della Repubblica di Massa, in cui sono indagate 25 persone, per la maggior parte ciclisti amatoriali. L'unico professionista sarebbe appunto Rujano che, come riporta ancora La Repubblica, sarebbe uno dei dieci destinatari di obbligo di presentazione alla polizia giudiziaria.

del1962 said:
So Vaconsoleil have opened an internal investigation into Rujano

Can someone translate this better than google translate

Rujano also gets caught in the anti-doping trap. According to la Repubblica a Venezuelan climber active on Vacansoleil (and frankly we don’t see any other Venezuelans beyond Rujano on the Dutch team) would be involved in the investigation known as “Amateur,” coordinated by the Italian Republic’s district attorney Massa, in which there are 25 people being investigated who are for the most part amateur cyclists. The only professional would be Rujano, who, as again reported by la Repubblica, would be one of ten subjects ordered to present themselves to the police.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the translation, rhubroma. Do we know the deadline for Rujano to present himself to the police? I assume this is just for questioning and then he would likely be let go, right?

Beech Mtn said:
Thanks for the translation, rhubroma. Do we know the deadline for Rujano to present himself to the police? I assume this is just for questioning and then he would likely be let go, right?

No I don't know the deadline and yes just to be questioned. Once Massa has gathered his info. the procura will then put together their case. At which point it will be filed at court and, presumably, CONI will be spurred on to take disciplinary action and so forth.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
No I don't know the deadline and yes just to be questioned. Once Massa has gathered his info. the procura will then put together their case. At which point it will be filed at court and, presumably, CONI will be spurred on to take disciplinary action and so forth.

Ah, thanks. Sounds like this will drag out and take a while then, if the other Padova/Mantova investigations are anything to go by.