• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping Related Discussions on Regular CN News Stories

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
CN tradition dictated that doping-related threads were strictly relegated to La Clinica, but I've been reading plenty of comments on regular news stories that relate to doping.

Are we no longer doomed to an electronic-lifetime of milling about this old dustbin?

chuckmicD said:
CN tradition dictated that doping-related threads were strictly relegated to La Clinica, but I've been reading plenty of comments on regular news stories that relate to doping.

Are we no longer doomed to an electronic-lifetime of milling about this old dustbin?

Fingers crossed!
It would be great to trod around without trying to ignore the massive elephant in the room; poor thing needs some acknowledgment every now and then.
Then again, it's fun to pretend.
No biggie.

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
On general news stories. I only mention it because the little paragraph under the Clinic in the general-forums landing page claims that "it's the only place on cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues." I'm thinking this ain't true anymore?

What's more--users can't comment on general news stories with their standard usernames. It's lame and frustrating.

Re:

chuckmicD said:
On general news stories. I only mention it because the little paragraph under the Clinic in the general-forums landing page claims that "it's the only place on cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues." I'm thinking this ain't true anymore?

What's more--users can't comment on general news stories with their standard usernames. It's lame and frustrating.

I'm pretty sure the "only doping talk in the clinic section of the forum" is referring to forum.cyclingnews.com, not www.cyclingnews.com