• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dutch TV Coverage

I'm in Rotterdam for a few days.

What channel, and when do I get highlights?

I caught 20 minutes of some dutch men talking dutch with a Tour de France logo behind them, occasionally using riders names but never showing highlights last night. I presume there is some actual coverage available in addition?

Waterloo Sunrise said:

I caught 20 minutes of some dutch men talking dutch with a Tour de France logo behind them, occasionally using riders names but never showing highlights last night. I presume there is some actual coverage available in addition?
Highlights are on at 7.30 PM on Nederland 1 (NOS is the broadcaster).

edit: Nederland 3 apparently (I never watch it).

Waterloo Sunrise said:

live: 14:10 on 'Nederland 1'
sports news: 18:45 'Nederland 1'
TdF journal: 19:30 'Nederland 3'

broadcaster is NOS in all instances.

then there are several late night talkshows about TdF but all in dutch so i don't know how useful that would be.

longest highlights would probably be the 19:30 broadcast because it's a half hour only about the TdF.

CobbleStoner said:
it's on everyday live on EuroSport also in the Netherlands, I put that on, turn the volume down and go online to listen to Sean Kelly call it, they had Stephen Rouche on also. a lot of good insight and stories http://sports-livez.com/sopcast/sop-1.php

You might just want to use this with Nederland 1 instead of Eurosport to get rid of the ads.

I think you watched the late night program Avondetappe (Night stage), in which a thick man discusses the day with a few guests (or rather, tells the audience how awesome he is).

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you watched the Avondetappe which is the late night program which discusses what happened during the stage etc. Ofcourse hosted by de Mart.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
l.Harm said:
That's on RTL4 btw. They have two reporters in France, a cameraman got hit by a car Jonathan Vaughters was driving. He said they didn't show respect :eek:

Why doesnt this surprise me.. Never watched the show as I thought it was horrid last year, is it still as bad?