• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 Harelbeke, 28 March, 2014 (1.WT)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What a great race. Omloop, Kuurne, Dwars, now E3 all delivered big time.

Interesting to see Sagan struggling on Oude Kwaremont. I hope it was due to the big effort he put in on Paterberg, jumping from way back to 5th place or something. If not, that doesn't really bode well for Paris-Roubaix.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Flamin said:

Interesting to see Sagan struggling on Oude Kwaremont. I hope it was due to the big effort he put in on Paterberg, jumping from way back to 5th place or something. If not, that doesn't really bode well for Paris-Roubaix.

:confused: Did you mean RVV? PR will be a whole different animal.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
woodenswan said:
well.. Stannard got his win because he was incredibly strong that day. Vansummeren's main strength was having a teammate who happens to be an incredibly efficient wheelsucker on cobbles. he is a decent rider, no doubt, but that's not how id define "well-deserved".
I still think it's amazing how people on this forum seem to have no clue about cycling tactics.

Yeah, Vansummeren in the years before and after was still one of the 5 strongest on roubaix cobbles.

Also, can you imagine what Terpstra is thinking here?

Bj4ADIoCAAEEYt9.png

:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
The record is Boonen with 5 wins
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/record_1?q=record
also is something what has been recorded:p
Flamin said:

Do you have a video of Pater-Kwaaremont duo?I cant find any.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Indeed, Sagan is struggling when they go REALLY fast on cobbles and it's not steep uphill

It is wise to struggle a bit :D
Sagan did not have to go 100% at any point. Even when he had a few meters to cover, he showed no urgency and closed the gaps while expending minimal energy.
The result of this tactic was obvious in the final kms. He was much fresher (besides to stronger and faster) than his rivals. He didn't have to, but it looked like he could easily attack them if he needed.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Indeed, Sagan is struggling when they go REALLY fast on cobbles and it's not steep uphill

this is very true, last year, he actually explained, that P-R is not that suitable for him, as there is big difference in his position on bike compared to fabian e.g.. Sagan sit too much in the front, which is causing there is not enough weight placed on the rear wheel to allow him being more comfortable. This is however not happening during the steeper parts on cobbles due to obious physics reasons. So there is actually very "scientific" explanation for your statement.

Actually, I am very curious how he will do in P-R.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
tomorrow said:
this is very true, last year, he actually explained, that P-R is not that suitable for him, as there is big difference in his position on bike compared to fabian e.g.. Sagan sit too much in the front, which is causing there is not enough weight placed on the rear wheel to allow him being more comfortable. This is however not happening during the steeper parts on cobbles due to obious physics reasons. So there is actually very "scientific" explanation for your statement.

Actually, I am very curious how he will do in P-R.

Very interesting, I dont know that about Sagan.
Still think that his max in Roubaix is TOP5, Cancellara and Omega guys are too strong on flat roads and he hasnt got an experience with Roubaix pave secteurs.
But I hope he will surprise me:)