• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eddy Merckx's Head

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Does Eddy have an unusually BIG head?!?

I'm not talkin' 'bout ego, but like an actual size L noggin.

My brother and I met Eddy (and son) a few years ago and had a pic taken etc. I was looking at the pic the other day and wow!, compared to our heads, Eddy's is a planet!

Anyone concur? :confused:

Steel4Ever said:

My brother and I met Eddy (and son) a few years ago and had a pic taken etc. I was looking at the pic the other day and wow!, compared to our heads, Eddy's is a planet!

...because you're perfect :rolleyes:

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Steel4Ever said:

No that's silly

Eddy_Merckx.jpg

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Okay...just so y'all don't think I'm making this up...I loaded the pic onto the compy -- take a look and see for yourself how HUGE Eddy's head is compared to mine!!!

126_81.jpg

A

Anonymous

when taken?

Steel4Ever said:
Okay...just so y'all don't think I'm making this up...I loaded the pic onto the compy -- take a look and see for yourself how HUGE Eddy's head is compared to mine!!!

126_81.jpg

was that before or after he didn't have cancer?

May 9, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
was that before or after he didn't have cancer?

He never had cancer, least that's what he says.

Regardless, I met him in the early 00's.
Attached pic is from '03 (some Brit hillclimber).

See....B I G ! ! !

eddy.jpg

stephens said:
I'll just never understand how athletes who were once the best, like Merckx or LeMond can let themselves get so fat. It's crazy.

You start eating and drinking all the things that you didn't when you were racing, and lots of the time you don't have the inclination to go out and ride anymore. Please don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

El Imbatido said:
Woah!!! When did Eddy meet Harry Potter??

Is he gonna be in the next movie??

That would be awesome!;)

Didn't you hear? Eddy's the next in line to play Dumbledore!

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Steel4Ever said:

Ummmm....either this is the dumbest most irrelevant thread ever to get 10 or more responses or are you trying to insinuate that Merckx is like Barry Bonds, whose head physically grew to some outrageous size from PED use?

I am hoping that you are not going the second route. But every thread on these boards has some sort of ped angle.

And the photo looks just a tad p'shopped for me to trust it. Not saying it is, just saying it could be.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
ravens said:
Ummmm....either this is the dumbest most irrelevant thread ever to get 10 or more responses...

Jealous that YOU didn't think of it first?

ravens said:
...or are you trying to insinuate that Merckx is like Barry Bonds, whose head physically grew to some outrageous size from PED use?

No idea what the hell PED is, so I GOOGLIED it:

ped_egg_as_seen_on_tv.jpg

Kinda makes me want to barf. And I have no idea why either Eddy or Bonds would use one.

ravens said:
And the photo looks just a tad p'shopped for me to trust it. Not saying it is, just saying it could be.

Yes, one of them was (duh!) -- but all other photos are 100% authentic.

Just sayin'....he might have a big head! Geez!