• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Embedding youtube videos

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's it. You can't prevent the obvious from happening any longer! Cyclingnews is now officially the last site on the internet where its 'consumers' have to press links, get redirected/opening new tab and finally - and we are talking over 20 seconds here!!... - watch their video in celebration and pure happiness.

Is this feature a part of your plans to implement?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
If they've yet to limit image sizes, a feature every other forum has by default, I'd expect youtube embedding sometime in around 3000 or so.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thomsena said:
That's it. You can't prevent the obvious from happening any longer! Cyclingnews is now officially the last site on the internet where its 'consumers' have to press links, get redirected/opening new tab and finally - and we are talking over 20 seconds here!!... - watch their video in celebration and pure happiness.

Is this feature a part of your plans to implement?

i think this was addressed in another thread. i believe the conclusion was that the cyclingnews forum was absolutely the last priority for those who do the coding. the admins and mods have put in the requests and in theory someday they will be done.

i wouldn't be holding my breath though.:mad: