• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport TV coverage of 2017 Giro

Just wanted to start a thread on how disappointed I've been with the TV coverage.

There seems to have been a lot of issues on the broadcasts every other day at least and the decision to have Jonathan Edwards as the Tv "Host" is a joke. He's been s**t. He pronounced the Maglia Rosa wrong for the 1st 3 stages.

The broadcast cutting in and out might be RCS's fault, not Eurosport's but I've been very disappointed with the TV coverage. The locations are difficult spots to have live TV from, but I can't ever remember 1 issues on any TDF stage let alone 5-6 cut-outs per day...

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought Edwards was quite good today at the end. Maybe he just needed some time to get into the swing of things. I agree with respect to the Flecha bits though.

Technical issues probably are not ES fault so hard to blame them for that.

Re:

kingjr said:
Only issue I have are the Flecha-bits. I have nothing against Flecha, but that part of the coverage is completely useless to me. Especially when they come with 10k to go.

I agree totallly ....this could be shown alot earlier as ridiculous to show when th race is nearing the finale

Also havent a clue what points the man is making most of the time ...words come out in an ilogical flow as far as I can hear

today for instance he said at one point after the race that Geraint Thomas was lucky ??? He meant it in a differnt way I presume but his command of English makes it as if he is talking rubbish

The technical issues will be dumped squarely at the doors of RCS. The Tour does not have the issues I guess because they are under ASO. Fairplay to ES sending the team on the road - they do the bulk of their commentary from London so it makes a change to have some 'on the ground' stuff that's not from France.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Ah yes, the commentary box "on the road"- you can always tell by the incessant foreign language screaming leaking into their broadcast and the routine breakups at crucial moments. Having the commentators there is a negative, really.

And at the end of they day it *is* Eurosport that is blamed for these issues.

Re:

hazaran said:
Ah yes, the commentary box "on the road"- you can always tell by the incessant foreign language screaming leaking into their broadcast and the routine breakups at crucial moments. Having the commentators there is a negative, really.

And at the end of they day it *is* Eurosport that is blamed for these issues.

The only blame they can get here is for taking the show on the road.

TRENDING THREADS