• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Evans motorized attack??

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Which circus

This clown is wondering why it is so different to Cancellara's breaks that are supposed to be by motor. Or maybe you circus ringleaders know better???

Given how cheap Lotto and BMC are it seems unlikely that they would be able to afford anything as sophisticated as a motorized bike.

Although given that Cuddles only ever attacks once in a blue moon and shows impressive power and speed which is normally absent from his riding, I can see why you might think it was a motor - but much more likely a Floyd Patch or two.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
David Millar said this year that his "batteries" were empty when he reached Kappelmuur :eek:

Notice how they all go faster when they accelerate. They are all on motors I tell you...

:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
we'll then cover him in tar and feathers

I can agree to that...

How can he be motorised doping if he accelerates like a snail?:rolleyes:

If you want some motorised doping along with some blood doping have a look at Dertie Motordope;)

As you guys all know I'm old. Real old. And I'd swear back in 1912 when Eugène Christophe won back to back to back mountain stages in the Tour (over 1000km in three days!), he had to have had a motorized bike whilst going over the dirt covered Galibier. We thought something was up then, and now, this revelation about powered bikes verifies it. Here, look at this photo, you can see clearly from the image he is adjusting the secretly hidden hyperdrive fusion mechanized motor for maximum power:

Christophe_Galibier.jpg

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could find a youtube clip of Edwig van Hooydonk at the 1989 ( I believe ) Tour of Flanders. He looked like he was on a motorbike compared to the other riders, if I'm remembering correctly.

May 31, 2010
Visit site
tidean said:
This clown is wondering why it is so different to Cancellara's breaks that are supposed to be by motor. Or maybe you circus ringleaders know better???

Well the main reason is that the worlds were ran over a hilly course with a decent climb in it, wheras roubaix is basically flat and flanders only has sharp pinches. If Evans was to carry an extra kilo at his body weight he may as well have been wearing clown shoes and parachute pants!

I'm not saying I believe Spartacus was cheating... the only thing that gives me a hint of a doubt is the seemingly unnecessary bike changes. It's just so fanciful that just maybe...

I think they both have awesome twin piston, oversize quad chamber engines with a large scoop for cold air intake with a twin nostril turbo!!

lightandlongshadows said:
I wish I could find a youtube clip of Edwig van Hooydonk at the 1989 ( I believe ) Tour of Flanders. He looked like he was on a motorbike compared to the other riders, if I'm remembering correctly.

Heres a little bit of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-o9AdhJVug

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
rikdewy said:
Well the main reason is that the worlds were ran over a hilly course with a decent climb in it, wheras roubaix is basically flat and flanders only has sharp pinches. If Evans was to carry an extra kilo at his body weight he may as well have been wearing clown shoes and parachute pants!

I'm not saying I believe Spartacus was cheating... the only thing that gives me a hint of a doubt is the seemingly unnecessary bike changes. It's just so fanciful that just maybe...

I think they both have awesome twin piston, oversize quad chamber engines with a large scoop for cold air intake with a twin nostril turbo!!

If a fancy bike change is evidence of having a motor on your bike how do you account for Breschels bungled change? An attempt to throw gullible people of the scent?

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
lightandlongshadows said:
xmoonx "Heres a little bit of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-o9AdhJVug"

Hey CHEERS! Viewng it live on t.v. was unbelievable when he attacked on the bosberg. Like watching me ride away from my wife today (repeatedly) on our ride. hahaha God she's slow, and I'm fat......and I drink......and smoke.....pathetic.

She'd whoop you completly with a Team CsC "special edition" Specialized Roubaix.