• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 76 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Interesting article:

I don't feel we will get to see 4 Colombians working together in the mountains. But as for the mano a mano type of scenario, that López talks about, that is more likely to happen.

P.S. As for Roglič and his charisma. I guess harder to pin point as people aren't all that interested, until big success starts to emerge. One thing Roglič has is a good poker face.
Quintana has reportedly privately suggested a similar arrangement, but Bernal is not impressed
Well Quintana didn't want to help Pogacar and Roglic while Bernal attacked when Quintana tried to bridge over. Quintana could've easily distanced Bernal but he didn't go for it. Quintana is one of my favourite riders but not doing things in your best interest because of national reasons are a huge no no.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
This is gold...you guys want some more info about this photo? :)

Looks like Roglič got roughed up by Bernal to take all the glory and girls, but he's still happy just to be there :)

EhikqH6WsAUbAl7

I must know all about it
It's from 2016 from a bike race in Slovenia (Race across Slovenia, like Tour de Slovenia :) ). Bernal is in white jersey, he just finished Chronometer stage. Roglič won this race in 2015 but didn't compete in 2016. He was resting after Giro de Italia at the time and visited this stage finish. Not sure if ripped pants were designer accessory or accident :)

An ex-skijumper, who didn't ride bike before the age of 22, is turning into the best GT-racer on planet. Incredible. I've been observing his fast progress for a few years now and it was clear that his peak abilities were still unknown. Even though he's 30 yo he has a mileage of a 25 yo guy and that's why he's still progressing. I think that he's approaching his peak: being #1 stage-racer. One can't get any higher.

Roglic looks imperious at the moment, and undoubtedly will win the Tour. However, given how good he’s been, there are still 5 riders within 1’ 30” of him, and 2 within a minute. That’s still a really tight GC by Tour standards, and the biggest climbing days left suite some of the others a little better than today’s double-murito finish. But even others gain some time back, he has the ITT.

An ex-skijumper, who didn't ride bike before the age of 22, is turning into the best GT-racer on planet. Incredible. I've been observing his fast progress for a few years now and it was clear that his peak abilities were still unknown. Even though he's 30 yo he has a mileage of a 25 yo guy and that's why he's still progressing. I think that he's approaching his peak: being #1 stage-racer. One can't get any higher.
I made that point some months ago...there is something to his late entry and relative freshness that is sustainable. He also appears to have a competitive respect for the other racers that makes him strategically savvy beyond his experience. Dude knows how to ride. Like many; I hope it is all real.

I hope bajbar shows up and gives us the post race interview. Are you here bajbar?

What am I missing?

I am here. Unfortunatelly today all the reporters were down in the valley, so there is no interview yet (apart from the official one done in English in the live broadcast by the Tour organisers). And since he took the yellow jersey he has more obligations with other press so there are less interviews with the national television... if I get something new I will write back!

I am here. Unfortunatelly today all the reporters were down in the valley, so there is no interview yet (apart from the official one done in English in the live broadcast by the Tour organisers). And since he took the yellow jersey he has more obligations with other press so there are less interviews with the national television... if I get something new I will write back!

Thanks :). My station doesn't even show the English one. I'll try to find it online.

I made that point some months ago...there is something to his late entry and relative freshness that is sustainable. He also appears to have a competitive respect for the other racers that makes him strategically savvy beyond his experience. Dude knows how to ride. Like many; I hope it is all real.
His teamates seem to like him too. I like quiet athletes that let their abilitiy do the talking. I also think that crash in Dauphine was more serious than he let on...he is one tough guy for sure.

Roglič looks like a cycling alien. On the bike, he's a Terminator, no emotions, no clinching teeth, no head bopping. Just pure cycling powerhouse with a death stare.

When he jumps off the bike, this alien presses a "human simulating" button. He talks generic human sentences, no big words. Hell, what do aliens know about being human.

When he gets to his family, he finally becomes human. But only until the next ride when Terminator mode is activated again.

Reactions: Lequack

TRENDING THREADS