• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 211 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm want to see Primoz jumping from Planica flying-hill on his bike! What a show it would be!

Just imagine, Roglic would invite Pogacar, Alaphilippe and van der Poel to Planica, and they would race their bikes (one after another) up the big Ski Flying hill ramp.

Arriving on top, Roglic could say: „Ok, we four can ride up this ramp on our bikes, faster than anyone else. But only I dared to jump this hill, downhill on my skis!“.

Pogacar then would think: „That‘s why Roglic is mentally so strong. To jump down this hill, you really need some courage!“… :)

Just imagine, Roglic would invite Pogacar, Alaphilippe and van der Poel to Planica, and they would race their bikes (one after another) up the big Ski Flying hill ramp.

Arriving on top, Roglic could say: „Ok, we four can ride up this ramp on our bikes, faster than anyone else. But only I dared to jump this hill, downhill on my skis!“.

Pogacar then would think: „That‘s why Roglic is mentally so strong. To jump down this hill, you really need some courage!“… :)

I was on the top of Planica hill when I visited the Slovenian Alps. I don't think I would jump from it (skis or bike), that I can tell you.

Will be interesting to see if Jumbo is going to ride for Primoz entirely in these French races. Could also be that the other guys get a lot of freedom in these unimportant races to give them some opportunities. Jumbo seems to be there with an extremely good squad with Roglic and Vingegaard, and based on his Strava performances also a Kuss who is flying at the moment.

Is he learning to not go all out every race or should we be worried?

I don't know, but I think classics with repeated short punchy climbs aren't his forte. Today's stage sort of reminded me of the world championships.

But there's also the fact JV had several leaders in these races over the weekend with both Jonas & Kuss getting an equal shot. So race tactics & splits (with a teammate ahead) also played a role.

Is he learning to not go all out every race or should we be worried?

If he would be put in such position he would likely try to take the win. Especially today. But tactically they likely knew it would be hard for Rogla to end up in a great position before the last climb. And that is why they likely gave freedom to Vingegaard. In general i feel that on this two races the hierarchy was not set in stone.

As for being worried. No special need for that. Maybe just that section where Alaphilippe went for it and Roglič couldn't cope. This likely was not a part of the plan. Then again i wonder if Rogla was fully motivated. Considering the whole situation on the field.

PN is near and we should get more answers soon.

TRENDING THREADS