• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 229 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And I really hope it stays that way. :)

I hope so, too. But I don‘t believe it.

Everytime I cheer for a rider, something disappointing happens.

I hoped Primoz would win the Tour. Doesn‘t matter when - he just should win it, once.

Then came Pogacar. Then Primoz’ bike handling skills started to get worse. Then Primoz‘ health became a problem. So I, sadly, had to give up my dream of seeing Primoz as a Tour winner in Paris.

It‘s the same with Biniam. I was so happy: he won Wevelgem. Then he beat MVDP to win a Giro stage. Then, this cork accident happens, and the dream is over, because he maybe will have permanent damage to his eye.

Primoz and Bini stay my favourite riders. But it‘s the „What if…?“… :(

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I wouldn't worry too much. Apparently Primož went jogging and borrowed some shoes. Due to flip flops giving him some issues. Anyway. There was a writing on the side of the shoes that said just do it. Primož thought to himself. Now that is an interesting note somebody left for me to read. And then it clicked and after Primož was like. Why not ...

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

I hoped Primoz would win the Tour. Doesn‘t matter when - he just should win it, once.

Then came Pogacar. Then Primoz’ bike handling skills started to get worse. Then Primoz‘ health became a problem. So I, sadly, had to give up my dream of seeing Primoz as a Tour winner in Paris.

It‘s the same with Biniam. I was so happy: he won Wevelgem. Then he beat MVDP to win a Giro stage. Then, this cork accident happens, and the dream is over, because he maybe will have permanent damage to his eye.

I still believe, it just has to happen. I didn't believe he could win olympics last year and we all know what happened. I've never been so happy for a sportsman in my life and I don't think I will be again.

Chill. Enjoy the wins he wins. Perhaps he never wins the Tour, but do not let that get in the way of enjoying an illustrious career and story unfold.

My first big sports hero, Andy Roddick, never won Wimbledon. He lost 3 finals to Roger Federer, including the longest 5th set of all time. And the thing I admire the most about it is the way he moved on from that. He acknowledges it or he pokes fun at it, even if I'm sure it was crushing at the time. I sense the same with Rogla.

Chill. Enjoy the wins he wins. Perhaps he never wins the Tour, but do not let that get in the way of enjoying an illustrious career and story unfold.

My first big sports hero, Andy Roddick, never won Wimbledon. He lost 3 finals to Roger Federer, including the longest 5th set of all time. And the thing I admire the most about it is the way he moved on from that. He acknowledges it or he pokes fun at it, even if I'm sure it was crushing at the time. I sense the same with Rogla.

Yeah, I remember that funny PC after he was crushed when Fed had one of his best ever performances (AO 2007 semi).
Still, the game is on and Pog&Rog are definitely more evenly matched than Rod&Fed.

65989196.jpg

Lets just hope both Rogla and Pogi will be able to perform at their best through the whole Tour 2022 edition. If that will be the case i feel that nobody should be left disappointed. Including places such as that cobbles section on where Pogi was confrotned with it at 65km/h on a reckoning session.

The tension is slowly building up. If it will deliver then this will be one of the best Tour editions in the whole history.

Reactions: Sandisfan and acm

Just think about it: Primoz is humanity's only hope for tight Tour de France races and for more than one Tour winner in this decade. It's a huge accomplishment already, bigger than winning the Tour!

Last edited:
It appears he won't be fighting for GC in the Dauphiné: Team Jumbo-Visma | Tour de France casts its shadow in Criterium du… (teamjumbovisma.com)

Team Jumbo-Visma will have a strong team at the start. "We'll look at it from day to day", sports director Grischa Niermann says. "We think the riders will be okay after a first altitude training and then we want to show ourselves. But winning this Dauphiné is not a goal in itself. It is good preparation for the Tour, which remains our main goal. After the Dauphiné, we'll go on altitude training, but it is also important to race in the preparation period and then this race comes at the perfect moment."

TRENDING THREADS