• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ezequiel "Eze" Mosquera

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Bare in mind though that he has been a star for some time now, and yet no one has picked him up.

Yeah I dont think he will leave but if he will go anywhere I doubt it would be Movistar because they have about 5 leaders already

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
was thinking the same, but Mosquera will probably want a good team for the Vuelta rather than be forced to ride the tour.

Maybe he could base his season on the Spanish races where he has been so succesfull and culminating with another go at the Vuelta, Perhaps one or two French races and Ardennes also but he can avoid the Tour. Depends how he sees where his career is going.

It would be a shame to see such a class rider turn into a minion, dogsbody or whatever.

Would just like to make the point that probably no one came out as well in the Vuelta as Xacebo Galicia. Sure Liquigas won. But Xacebo are a Continental team. They had a guy in the mountains classification early and then Eze took over for the second half. The close nature of the battle and the fact that he was the spaniard probably helped them as well. And winning the big stage, the saturday afternoon main event cant have hurt either.

I think every penny the sponsors invested into this squad was worth it, just for this Vuelta.