• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fabian Cancellara new TT bike

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Is Fabian's new bike even UCI legal? The farin... thing in front of the headtube looks awfully close to the regulations?

1240968375656-1s5gahns02txq-798-75.jpg

I forgot the exact rules but its super close?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Ovidius said:
Looks very similar to another highly aggressive tt machine....

Have they perhaps been looking at the Giant?

I'm thinking it is the Giant with some tweeks to make it anti-Giant for re-sale. Probably made at the same plant as the Giant, on alternating days :p

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I hope it is fast because it sure is ugly, but not as ugly as that Giant/Columbia abomination. That thing has to be the ugliest bike I have seen since the Trek Y-Foil.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Do the decent thing OP and inform Specialized that their new bike probably fails UCI regs :)

Seriously, it looks like a one-off rolling test rig evaluating Giant's (the competition) front-end design rather than a bike to be raced on, so UCI regs & probably styling are not that important at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS