• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Farrar Crash Stage 5

While watching Saturday's stage they played back Tyler's crash in Stage 5 and I thought I noticed something that I don't recall hearing anything discussed about. Probably you can find this on You Tube, but with the benefit of the HD broadcast, and the nice large display of my TV, it seemed pretty clear that Tyler's front tire rolled off its rim. He was leaning yes (might even had lost his balance already), but in the moment that Petachi's wheel closed the door, you can see daylight between Tyler's front rim and tire, and then when the rim hit the pavement, the front handlebar twisted sharply, and over the handlebars Tyler flew. By this point you can clearly see most of the tire had separated completely from the rim.

Just some observations.

TRENDING THREADS