• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fausto Masnada Grinta Appreciation Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
All in all, looking like a good little 2nd in the overall for the Wolfpack Pozzovivo.
Yes on paper 2nd overall and a stage win is a good result to start the season. But to see him really suffering on that climb grimacing and all over the road, losing 2 minutes to hirt and a minute to unknown French 20 Yr old, its not a good sign. He should have won this race.

I'm not sure he is as strong on super hard climbs as I thought. He seems to be better on rolling terrain, looking at the races he won in Italy before. Pozzovivo would have won this race. But maybe just a bad day.

We have something to get excited about after the Milano Sanremo come down on Sunday.

Fausto returns to racing at the Volta Catalunya. He has just come back from a training camp at the Teide with Van wilder and Bagioli.

This will be a serious test for Fausto on a big WT stage race. Of course, in his last one, he was 3rd Overall in 2021 Tour de Romandie behind 2 ineos guys.

Quickstep also has options with Van Wilder, Bagioli and Vervaecke

Reactions: Sandisfan
We have something to get excited about after the Milano Sanremo come down on Sunday.

Fausto returns to racing at the Volta Catalunya. He has just come back from a training camp at the Teide with Van wilder and Bagioli.

This will be a serious test for Fausto on a big WT stage race. Of course, in his last one, he was 3rd Overall in 2021 Tour de Romandie behind 2 ineos guys.

Should be interesting see Masnada vs Almeida. I think he's riding that race as well.

Maybe Van Wilder, but until now Bagioli hasn't impressed on longer climbs.

The bookies (bet365) have no clue. They have Masnada as a 19th favourite in Catalunya, tied with Santiago Buitrago at 67,00. Bet your house on him winning the GC and become a millionaire!
I don’t want to move back in with my parents on the off chance something happens and he doesn’t win like we all know he will.

Honestly I’m too nervous to bet since when I want to, the rider or team loses. When I don’t want to they win.

TRENDING THREADS