• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fernando Gaviria Discussion Thread

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
GuyIncognito said:
And now a flood of 'I've always liked Gervirea, is that how you spell it? Always been his fan' posts

Like for any Colombian.

Let's be fair, for any youngster who does well.
Remember when Kwiatkowski exploded and we suddenly had a billion zillion trillion people who couldn't write his name or know what his strengths and weaknesses were yet assured everyone they were lifelong fans?

Anyway, Gaviria. Definitely an possible top sprinter in the making.
Also nice to see Cavendish not being a tool and celebrating his teammate's win. Did he do the leadout as well?

GuyIncognito said:
BigMac said:
GuyIncognito said:
And now a flood of 'I've always liked Gervirea, is that how you spell it? Always been his fan' posts

Like for any Colombian.

Remember when Kwiatkowski exploded and we suddenly had a billion zillion trillion people who couldn't write his name or know what his strengths and weaknesses were yet assured everyone they were lifelong fans?

I sure do. It even got me to dislike Kwiat, as irrational as that may sound.

But yes. props to Gaviria.

GuyIncognito said:
BigMac said:
GuyIncognito said:

Like for any Colombian.

Also nice to see Cavendish not being a tool and celebrating his teammate's win. Did he do the leadout as well?

Gaviria was third last man in the train, but it was messy so he decided to sprint for himself.

Vroome.exe said:
GuyIncognito said:
BigMac said:
GuyIncognito said:

Like for any Colombian.

Gaviria was third last man in the train, but it was messy so he decided to sprint for himself.

Thanks. I only got the last 200m or so on video

I'm getting flack elsewhere for my nicknames being too derivative. Does the Colombian Cannon ring too close to the Manx Missile?

Also I don't get why "Gaviria" gets mangled so often. 7 letters, only one of which (V) has a scrabble score above 2, no near-homonyms to confuse people. Why?

GuyIncognito said:
BigMac said:
GuyIncognito said:

Like for any Colombian.

Hi I've always liked Gaviria :D (Etixx's fan)

Here is an issue. Gaviria is heading to Olympics next year for sure. I wonder if Lefevere will allow him to prepare for it, instead of riding TdF if Cav not in the team. They could have the whole Cav problem all over again...

dicanio_michael said:
GuyIncognito said:
BigMac said:
GuyIncognito said:

Like for any Colombian.

Hi I've always liked Gaviria :D (Etixx's fan)

Here is an issue. Gaviria is heading to Olympics next year for sure. I wonder if Lefevere will allow him to prepare for it, instead of riding TdF if Cav not in the team. They could have the whole Cav problem all over again...
Lefevere respects Gaviria's desire to participate in the 2016 Olympics. Therefore, he'll race a different program next year, which allows him to be in the best shape in Rio. This agreement was already made when Gaviria signed in January.

COem5rfWUAA-0hk.jpg

Passing of the torch right here.

I'm hoping Gaviria can transform himself into a cobbles classics rider. That's probably too much to ask given that he grew up riding road and track races, but he seems to have the physical attributes necessary to be successful on the cobbles; also, he has the desire to actually do it.

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Re:

roundabout said:
I wish that there was a forum like this in 1999. Poor Casper did not get the hype he deserved.
I was hyping Manuel Sanroma that year. Sadly he never got to show how good he could have been.

TRENDING THREADS