• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Five Cyclists Killed After Being Hit by Pickup

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The bicycles after the crash:
lXpmPX3.jpg

Re:

That photo alone makes my stomach turn.
Tricycle Rider said:
Hope the fecking driver gets busted for in/voluntary manslaughter right and proper!
I'm no attorney, but If I were the DA, I would press for five counts of vehicular homocide, which would carry a more severe sentence than voluntary manslaughter, and certainly seems just in this case to pursue.

Re: Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
That photo alone makes my stomach turn.
Tricycle Rider said:
Hope the fecking driver gets busted for in/voluntary manslaughter right and proper!
I'm no attorney, but If I were the DA, I would press for five counts of vehicular homocide, which would carry a more severe sentence than voluntary manslaughter, and certainly seems just in this case to pursue.

Doing detailed look at blood/urine for substances but it appears he just went fooking nuts, 30 minutes prior drove thru couples front garden, almost hit house. They called police, they were looking for him when he killed cyclists. Vehicular homicide punishment still too good for him.

Six years ago about this time a guy lost it in SF's Mission District and ran down four cyclists within a few minutes time. All survived, he was charged with attempted murder and ordered to stand trial a year later. Nothing more was mentioned about it then or since. So the media might have lost interest, or his state of mental health slowed things down.

http://m.sfgate.com/crime/article/Trial-ordered-in-hit-run-rampage-on-S-F-cyclists-2336552.php

Driver in Michigan is charged w/ second degree.