• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fixing broken carbon

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
So there goes all those broken frames from ebay. Silly me, I thought people buying it for wall decoration. I am in hunting mode again:)
Is there any Europeans dudes who does that?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
There is a guy in Melbourne - possibly the one mentioned in the article, I will have to check - who fixes carbon frames. He is from the RMIT team that created the BT Superbikes and by all accounts does an excellent job. It costs though...

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Raoul does an excellent job. He uses an ultrasound to see how deep the crack is and whether it is safe to repair or not. The repair job I saw was so good you would have to look very closely to be able to see it. He has also done some design work with Pacific Brands line of Malvern Star bikes.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Minor frame damage can be done in your home - but serious damage requires expert attention and may require an allignment fixture.

I would not trust a repaired fork or wheel however - their stiffness probably changes and could result in a stability change.

TRENDING THREADS