• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

focus frames warranty-why only 3 years

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
hi all, im about t buy my first bike for a long time and have decided i want the focus mares 2010, i like everything about it and am ready to buy, my only concern is that it has a 3 year frame guarantee compared to other makes which have a lifetime , can anyone give me advice on this, is the frame likely to last 10+ years or fall apart or...........???
thanks for any help

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
A bicycle warranty is only as good as the company and dealer that stands behind it. I don't know much about Focus, good or bad.

Note that the UK Focus warranty is not valid for bikes used in racing. "The warranty excludes bicycles used for competition, speed or time trials, hire, reward or rental". Warranties also often exclude purchases based on where the product is bought. A good local dealer will often help facilitate warranty claims and be your advocate. I have found the dealer to be most important in getting a warranty claim honored.