• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Folding MTB

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
A few years ago, I was living in an apartment in Center City, Philadelphia and didn't have room for a bike. After a fair amount of research, I bought a Montague folding bike, which fit in my closet and I have been very pleased with. I have really punished it on all kinds of trails and it had held up really well.

Now, I know that folding bikes aren't real mountain bikes, etc., but this Montague crowd was contracted to make bikes for the US marines and built a very solid machine. The folding mechanism does not affect any of the bike's tubes, which is the real knock against folding bikes.

My question is whether anyone else has any experience with these and how they compare with other bikes in their price range (<$1,000)?

TRENDING THREADS