• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum errors

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I figured we could start a forum-only version of the "Website errors" thread. For example, I noticed the following error in the description of the Workshop & Maintenance forum:

Whether you are wondering how to true a wheel, how to fix that clicking sound or simply maintain you bike for the long haul; the Workshop & Maintenance forum is your one-stop online mechanic shop.

It should read:

Whether you are wondering how to true a wheel, how to fix that clicking sound or simply maintain your bike for the long haul, the Workshop & Maintenance forum is your one-stop online mechanic shop.

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
sniper said:
I can't link to posts anymore.
When I press the "link" button, no link appears.
Anybody having the same problem?

Tried clearing your cache/browsing history?

Just a random thought. Sometimes it's as simple as, though this does not look like it, ye.
I have a request for Immediate Media's software development team to take a look at this issue. I'll post any information I'm given here when I get it. They may very well post something too...

Re:

sniper said:
Apparently there was a Javascript file that hadn't been updated. It's updated now, there shouldn't be any issues with the "Link" button. If anyone continues to have a problem using the "Link" function, please let me know so I can pass it along to Immediate Media.

Cheers

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
sniper said:
Apparently there was a Javascript file that hadn't been updated. It's updated now, there shouldn't be any issues with the "Link" button. If anyone continues to have a problem using the "Link" function, please let me know so I can pass it along to Immediate Media.

Cheers
lol, we posted at the exact same moment.
i thought i'd overcome the problem myself, but seems the technicians did it for me.
cheers!