• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forumites Petition to have SilentAssassin permanently banned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
sillent assassins situation and his thread did not come to the surprise of many. We all know it takes time to get these haters banned. However, with an evil thread, it's time to take a stand and show these mods that we want a clean forum, so the penalties must be harsh and drastic, otherwise forumites will believe they can always come back after a month or two when the ban is lifted.

What is worse are these LA famboys supporting these posters despite their silly threads or evidence of poor thread making. Look at Ulle Relaxes, still vocally supporting a known poor thread maker, Silent Assassin.

Forumites can take initiative and make a petition to have SA be banned, and permanently. Simply contact the CN admins and voice your opinion that SA's exsistance is not right, and you want to see any forumite with sufficient evidence of poor thread making permanently banned from posting.

Contact information is here:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/member.php?u=12

Time to get this forum on the right track. No comebacks for noobs...they should be permanently banned. That is the only way to stop the poor thread making.

- TLR out.

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
sillent assassins situation and his thread did not come to the surprise of many. We all know it takes time to get these haters banned. However, with an evil thread, it's time to take a stand and show these mods that we want a clean forum, so the penalties must be harsh and drastic, otherwise forumites will believe they can always come back after a month or two when the ban is lifted.

What is worse are these LA famboys supporting these posters despite their silly threads or evidence of poor thread making. Look at Ulle Relaxes, still vocally supporting a known poor thread maker, Silent Assassin.

Forumites can take initiative and make a petition to have SA be banned, and permanently. Simply contact the CN admins and voice your opinion that SA's exsistance is not right, and you want to see any forumite with sufficient evidence of poor thread making permanently banned from posting.

Contact information is here:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/member.php?u=12

Time to get this forum on the right track. No comebacks for noobs...they should be permanently banned. That is the only way to stop the poor thread making.

- TLR out.

Count me in on that one!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Wow... you should start a list instead might as well take care of them all while we're at it.

The mods are definitely asleep at the wheel, I've seen some pretty sneaky stuff sneak by lately but I'm no nark so if they let it sneak past well that's life on the forum.

But if you must well you must.

I'm for just letting the mod's/admins do their jobs without our influence. They should have particular guidelines in place that determine if someone should be banned, what for and for how long. I think they're quite capable of controlling the forum as they see it needs. Also I don't think our opinions on particular poster's motivations are always purely non-partisan and non-biased, while that is exactly what the decisions of the admins/mods should be when determining someone's fate.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
After being banned wouldn't/couldn't they simply sign in under a different name/open a new account? Isn't that how they operate anyway?
If you read the guidelines then you will see that such a thing is prohibited and will result in bad things happening:eek:
It will be easy to see if he comes back under a different name.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I'd say ban him for 2 years and have all his posts annulled, back dated to when he first got on Timmy's nerves.

I like this suggestion. He might try to blame getting on Timmy's nerves on poor diet choices but we know better. :D

Asleep at the wheel here. Maybe they are all over at that other place?;)
You mean Velorooms? Maybe we all should be there?

veganrob said:
Well just be careful, he's not the Silent Assassin for no reason. :eek:

Lolz. :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I'm for just letting the mod's/admins do their jobs without our influence. They should have particular guidelines in place that determine if someone should be banned, what for and for how long. I think they're quite capable of controlling the forum as they see it needs. Also I don't think our opinions on particular poster's motivations are always purely non-partisan and non-biased, while that is exactly what the decisions of the admins/mods should be when determining someone's fate.

Sadly, experience has shown time and again that these mods are not capable of interpreting guidelines in any fair or even-handed manner. Decisions are often arbitrary, logically inexplicable, and apparently based on personal 'friendships'. Meanwhile, these forums remain a troll's paradise, to the disgust of many.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
when gag threads go serious.

Amsterhammer said:
Sadly, experience has shown time and again that these mods are not capable of interpreting guidelines in any fair or even-handed manner. Decisions are often arbitrary, logically inexplicable, and apparently based on personal 'friendships'. Meanwhile, these forums remain a troll's paradise, to the disgust of many.

I disagree.I think you and many others take the mods for granted.
What they do is no picnic, especially for those individuals whom volunteer. It's a unappreciated and annoying process. Sure some of the 'ideals' and 'set rules' might not be perfect, but the mods here try to maintain a friendly atmosphere for the most part. Impossible to please everyone, meanwhile some members seem to want it exactly their way. Biggest problem of late, is people taking this place more serious then need be; get over it. Trolling, banter and what not are apart of forum's nature, to some degree anyway. Those wanting to rid this completely are foolish as far as I'm concerned (agreed it can be excessive and reduction is the key)

BTW, the so called trolling paradise, is a lot better then the consistent complaining and nagging that has shadowed this forum in recent months. Complain about this, mods do this wrong, mods make me a sad panda, i want my lolly pop etc. It is all so very bland and tiresome.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
when gag threads go serious.

I disagree.I think you and many others take the mods for granted.
What they do is no picnic, especially for those individuals whom volunteer. It's a unappreciated and annoying process. Sure some of the 'ideals' and 'set rules' might not be perfect, but the mods here try to maintain a friendly atmosphere for the most part. Impossible to please everyone, meanwhile some members seem to want it exactly their way. Biggest problem of late, is people taking this place more serious then need be; get over it. Trolling, banter and what not are apart of forum's nature, to some degree anyway. Those wanting to rid this completely are foolish as far as I'm concerned (agreed it can be excessive and reduction is the key)

BTW, the so called trolling paradise, is a lot better then the consistent complaining and nagging that has shadowed this forum in recent months. Complain about this, mods do this wrong, mods make me a sad panda, i want my lolly pop etc. It is all so very bland and tiresome.

Very mature post TLR! nice.
He's right...can't have it both ways. We whine about too much censorship and control then chastise if mods give everyone a free hand to see how the thread develops.

It should be a blend of the posters taking care of most 'outcasts' and flamers by natural selection. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.