• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fox Sports - "Public deserves truth in doping charges"

"Public deserves truth in doping charges"

Hope this doesn’t bore you like A-Rod’s 600th. I know you’re sick of cheaters and dopers. And you can’t be psyched for another prosecution that promises to last longer than the Iraq War.

But I don’t care how long it takes. I don’t care if it’s ancient history. I don’t even give a damn about cycling. I want to know the truth, and so should you.

As it pertains to performance-enhancing drugs, not all lies are created equal. And if the allegations against Armstrong are true — even a little true — he’s the worst cheat of all. Ever.

A

Anonymous

The public is'nt interested in this Mac.... it's just a waste of tax-payers money.:rolleyes:

It sure has a different feel this time. I'm guessing Super-Lance is not having a great time and is pushing pins in his Flandis voodoo doll.

Scott SoCal said:
The public is'nt interested in this Mac.... it's just a waste of tax-payers money.:rolleyes:

It sure has a different feel this time. I'm guessing Super-Lance is not having a great time and is pushing pins in his Flandis voodoo doll.

The comments are fantastic. You can practically cut and paste the "He never tested positive", "He should sue" comments from one of these articles into the next. Many of them appear identical, word-for-word...

May 25, 2009
Visit site
If Fox didn't buy Lance's Lawyer's "Un-American to go after him" bit nobody will - they are the poster children for backing this kind of thing...

Talk about the tide turning.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
If Fox didn't buy Lance's Lawyer's "Un-American to go after him" bit nobody will - they are the poster children for backing this kind of thing...

Murdoch owns Fox News, Wall Street Journal, and Team Sky.

Does Murdoch know that Bradley loves Lance?

A

Anonymous

MacRoadie said:
The comments are fantastic. You can practically cut and paste the "He never tested positive", "He should sue" comments from one of these articles into the next. Many of them appear identical, word-for-word...

Yeah. Here's a good sample;

This is so rediculous. This is another story of someone trying to shine the light on themselves. Jusy how popular or well known do you want to be. Mark Kriegel is the perfect example of riding the coat tails of a hero for his own 15 min of fame. Lance has changed many lives including my own. I will be a fan forever. I don't even care if for some outrageous resason he did cheat. Lance will forever "be the man" in many more ways than one. Stay strong Lance and sue the hell out of Mark Kriegel. Take everything he owns and donate it to charity. Then introduce a law that prevents people like this from wasting presious time and resources for sefl serving reasons. Live Strong Buddy

Word on the street is this comment was made by BPC.

A

Anonymous

MacRoadie said:
How do they know? Was it written in crayon and transcribed by his mommy?

This was the dead-giveaway...

I don't even care if for some outrageous resason he did cheat. Lance will forever "be the man" in many more ways than one.

They cross referenced it in the blogospere and BAM, they got him.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
A paragraph from that article......
As it pertains to performance-enhancing drugs, not all lies are created equal. And if the allegations against Armstrong are true — even a little true — he’s the worst cheat of all. Ever.

Dear Public Strategies,
Fox News & their associates appear to be in the market for a a campaign to promote, FRS or Nike, Oakley even Michelob...... you may want to hurry.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
This author owes me props for stealing all my copy. This is also what is the biggest threat to Armstrong and his legacy-the same talk jock guys that vilified the French with his encouragement for questioning his cleanliness. Like I mentioned yesterday ESPN debated the situation and their conclusion was not a glowing endorsement for LA.

Has Rick Reilly been alerted yet?

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
He's in the bubble of NFL training camps where no other reality exists. Oh, and thanks for the warning. turd.

That guy is so far up LA's a$$ he knows what he had for breakfast. Did you see the articles he wrote about Landis a month or so ago? So much factually wrong it was not even funny.

I wrote a complaint to both him and ESPN, but of course no reply. I even tried to be nice about it.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
To be honest in the US we do not care about dope cheaters. We care about their results and their personalities. As a US citizen and a little sheltered in the ways of the world I figure it is the same world wide. In cycling Basso, Pantani, Ulrich, Rolf Aldag, Zabel, Kaz. Vino,Kasheken, Belguim Merckx, FDV, Muesaew, China Li etc. Some nerds on this site have a hard-on for enhancers well.... oh I forgot Lance, Leipheimer, Hincapie, Zabrinskie I do not care myself and most Americans do not. Especially people who have actually ridden their bikes. Doping is a way of life.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
To be honest in the US we do not care about dope cheaters. We care about their results and their personalities. As a US citizen and a little sheltered in the ways of the world I figure it is the same world wide. In cycling Basso, Pantani, Ulrich, Rolf Aldag, Zabel, Kaz. Vino,Kasheken, Belguim Merckx, FDV, Muesaew, China Li etc. Some nerds on this site have a hard-on for enhancers well.... oh I forgot Lance, Leipheimer, Hincapie, Zabrinskie I do not care myself and most Americans do not. Especially people who have actually ridden their bikes. Doping is a way of life.

And that is why most people are hypocrites. It is not right that somebody should have to cheat to be competitive in a sport or make a living. This goes for everything.....sports to blue collar jobs.

If all of a sudden you went to work Monday morning and had to start doing alot of unethical/illegal things to remain employed then you would have a problem with it. Maybe I am giving you too much credit, but hopefully you can follow what I am saying.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

Hmmmm gee....I am in the US and I care...as well as the other 250 or so cyclists (actual humans that ride bikes) that I have contact with on a weekly basis....many of them use to be major fanboys (like me) bought his books and his BS, but, I have to say the the tide seems to be turning. Most now are AWARE that he is a doper and a liar and not generally a nice person...
some day Flicker...you will come around as well!

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
...Doping is a way of life.[/QUOTE said:
And that my friend is the problem that demands a radical and swift solution.

The public at large and the cycling 'public' need to know the truth, that at the very least some bad guys get caught, and in this situation maybe the sporting alpha-liar gets brought down to ground zero. Public embarrassment and incarceration are excellent disincentives for future bad behaviour(s).

Oh, and if that solution stops a prominent, rich, philanthropic bully from misleading millions of cancer patients all the better. Personally, as a Physician, this sinister cloak of Cancer 'awareness' and fund raising is fetid.

NW

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:

Why do you say Fox is the poster child?

The poster children are Sports Illustrated, ESPN and Versus.

Fox never did anything to perpetuate LA's lies. Murdoch's WSJ, in fact, broke this story wide open.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Page Mill Masochist said:
Why do you say Fox is the poster child?

The poster children are Sports Illustrated, ESPN and Versus.

Fox never did anything to perpetuate LA's lies. Murdoch's WSJ, in fact, broke this story wide open.

With ESPN, CNN flagging the story no one wants to be left behind. You can say WSJ broke the story but don't give Rupert any more credit other than wanting escalating value and profits. I doubt much readership in the WSJ occurred based on Lance. SI, however, could sell a few more issues to the folks that want to see glossy pictures of the wreck or the slam dunk.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
With ESPN, CNN flagging the story no one wants to be left behind. You can say WSJ broke the story but don't give Rupert any more credit other than wanting escalating value and profits. I doubt much readership in the WSJ occurred based on Lance. SI, however, could sell a few more issues to the folks that want to see glossy pictures of the wreck or the slam dunk.

Don't get your logic, Oldman. You imply that WSJ broke a major story on LA's deceptions but it doesn't count because it is from bad motives (e.g., Rupert =profits = bad)?

Meanwhile, ESPN and Versus, which gave us the same old Phil Liggett/Paul Sherwin/Bob Roll horsesh*t ... year after year ... are excused because they meant well?

TRENDING THREADS