• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Frank Schleck: The important question

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Richeypen said:
Who will win the yellow helmets :p

Its all back up in the air again :D

Actually not ;)

Schleck is pulled out and so Horner will be 3rd man in Classification and he was only 3 minutes down on Schleck's time so the gap will remain around 7-8 minutes still ;)

I feel sorry for Airstream though xD

Gloin22 said:
Actually not ;)

Schleck is pulled out and so Horner will be 3rd man in Classification and he was only 3 minutes down on Schleck's time so the gap will remain around 7-8 minutes still ;)

I feel sorry for Airstream though xD

Its goes per stage though doesnt it, not overall. I suppose they still have Monfort, Horner, Klodi and Zubeldia.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Richeypen said:
Its goes per stage though doesnt it, not overall. I suppose they still have Monfort, Horner, Klodi and Zubeldia.

Exactly. The time of the first three of each team on each stage.

Boeing said:
just think for every abandon or DQ Tyler Farrar moves up in general classification.

At the rate we're going he could very well be in the double-digits by the time we get to Paris. :rolleyes:

To Farrar's credit, the mere fact that with all the withdrawals we've had this year, and there's been a lot, him not being one of them is worthy of at least some polite, reserved applause.

The Barb said:
The important question is:

Do they go back and recalculate the team classification by eliminating Frank's time from any stage where he was one of Radioshack's first three riders? If so that has a huge influence.

Fair question.

I imagine it would be a similar determination as to whether to eliminate someone's personal result on a stage, i.e. DQ a postive-tested stage winner?

I'm sure someone who knows more than me can clear it up.

In any case, with Zubeldia, Kloden, Monfort, and Horner up there, I doubt they drop too far. Possibly second, MAYBE third.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's ok. Hopefully Frank will be able to get away with it or treat this with dignity at least. Never had illusions regarding cleaniless of super elite and told about that in clinic many times. Cycling never ends. :)

On one hand it would seem premature to recalculate the team classification, as he has voluntarily withdrawn and a proper process needs to be followed regarding his positive test.

On the other hand, I can't imagine the Tour organisers would like Radioshack to be standing on the podium in Paris if the difference between 1st and 2nd is less than the time difference Schleck's provided for his team on Stages 1-15, so who knows what they will do.

Oh, and please moderators don't give me a warning about mentioning a positive test in this forum rather than the clinic. The point is the impact it has on the team classification, not the test result itself.

The Barb said:
Oh, and please moderators don't give me a warning about mentioning a positive test in this forum rather than the clinic. The point is the impact it has on the team classification, not the test result itself.

I agree, in the interests of not, from now on, having to discuss the team classification in terms of vague hypotheticals, suggesting that if, hypothetically, a rider who shall remain nameless were to, for reasons which shall remain undescribed, cease to contribute to his team's time, how would that affect that team as compared to other teams who have unidentified riders NOT engaging in unspecified actions. :p

Hypothetically. Of course. :p

Warhawk said:
At the rate we're going he could very well be in the double-digits by the time we get to Paris. :rolleyes:

To Farrar's credit, the mere fact that with all the withdrawals we've had this year, and there's been a lot, him not being one of them is worthy of at least some polite, reserved applause.

Must be hard being an american supporter these days, you folks don't win much in men's pro road cycling :p :D

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The Barb said:

Do they go back and recalculate the team classification by eliminating Frank's time from any stage where he was one of Radioshack's first three riders? If so that has a huge influence.

I'm pretty sure they don't. Just like they don't reassign points for the points or mountain jersey.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
The Barb said:

As he has effectively abandoned the Tour rather than him being suspended and DQ the Team classification will stay as it is I think

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
just think for every abandon or DQ Tyler Farrar moves up in general classification.

But every abandon and DQ also mean that there are fewer riders for Farrar to pass in the GC thus making it harder for him to get rid of the Lanterne Rouge.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What is xipamide? And if it's not in the prohibited substance list, what's the big deal? The Cyclingnews article says it's a diuretic. Dr. Pepper is a diuretic. So is coffee. Are they illegal substances in the world of professional cycling?

TRENDING THREADS