• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Freire: tour is the most boring race of the year

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Best moment of the Tour de France last year was seeing Evans cry and his dreams shattered.

The fact that you find pleasure in seeing someone fail shows what little character you have. I feel sorry for you.

auscyclefan94 said:
Failing a drug test and failing to acheive something are two very different things. Totally different.

To put my own spin on some advice Mambo handed out to a someone in the clinic:
Take the shovel out of that hole you are digging, ACF, before it gets any bigger.

BOTH statements are exactly the same. A poster's joy at a rider's demise. The method is irrelevant, since it's about the poster's state of mind.

auscyclefan94 said:
The fact that you find pleasure in seeing someone fail shows what little character you have. I feel sorry for you.

A few months ago, another Australian poster mentioned that they derive no greater pleasure than to see British people fail.

I criticised this approach on a similar basis to your criticism above, especially considering that they were loving seeing people they may not know anything of fail, at least you have seen enough of Contador to make a decision about him. I said "if all Australians were like that (ie this other poster, not yourself), then I'm glad I've never been".

You defended the poster and reported my post.

TRENDING THREADS