• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

French riders: Bastille Day and stages

A

Anonymous

Stage 10 -

PROFIL.gif

Looks like a moncutie day

A

Anonymous

jens_attacks said:
hmmmm....beloki

philcrisp said:
Some Eastern European you've never heard of.

neither of which are french :confused:

Brice Feillu might have been a nice tip if the french had has the sense to invite vaconsoliel. The lack of two of the better french riders makes the decision look even more stupid.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Is Cofidis sending Moncoutie? If so, I say he will give it a go. I think he has won (twice) already on Bastille Day??

edit: Moncoutie won in "05, Virenque in '04....my mistake.

Unfortunately the three most interesting French prospects are staying home: Coppel, Peraud, and Sicard. Coppel has been steadily accumulating good placings since his U23 TT results a couple of years ago, and his ability to hang with the best on Alpe d'Huez seems to have been the sign of a genuine progression, not just a one-off. Peraud at 32 is no spring chicken, but anyone who can go from amateur mountain biker to top-10 finisher at Paris-Nice in a matter of months certainly catches my interest. (I always suspected that the best French cyclists had migrated to MTBing during the 90s.) And Sicard -- well, he's still on the way up, but it would have been neat to see him learn the ropes in a three-week race.

TeamSkyFans said:
neither of which are french :confused:

Brice Feillu might have been a nice tip if the french had has the sense to invite vaconsoliel. The lack of two of the better french riders makes the decision look even more stupid.

I guess i'm biased since I'm dutch, but I certainly expected Vacansoleil in the TdF since they added the brothers Feillu. Besides them they got quite a decent lineup imo.

Anyways. Is Gadret coming to the Tour? He did pretty well so far this year. This might also mean his form in July won't be very good.
He had a good spring classics season and a good Giro.

TRENDING THREADS