• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Gadret's flicking Roche = the real crime

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
online-rider said:
I'm not trying to be a pain in the *** here but we ought to cut Gadret some slack for :
1. Training his balls off to turn pro.
2. Being able to match the worlds best climbers in the pinnacle of his sport
And then,
3. Not wanting to blow what would probably be the best performance of his entire season if not career to date by giving his front wheel to a guy so that He can go on and consolidate his 14th place. :D

It's all very well offering your wheel to alberto contador or Jurgen van den Broek but to be honest I wouldn't give my wheel to Roche in that situation (Although I admit he should have had it, by rights).

This is what Lavenu said before back in June:
"We know we won't be riding for overall victory at the Tour," Lavenu told French newspaper L'Equipe. "Nicolas Roche has ambitions in the general classification - measured ambitions of finishing in the top 15. Will will also hope that [Christophe] Riblon, [David] Le Lay, and [John] Gadret will be able to look for opportunities in the breaks."

AG2R had a clear goal with Roche being in the top 15 - and a stage, which they got with Riblon.
Roche is the team leader, Gadret shouldn't have even needed to be asked - he should have offered his wheel immediately.

Don't expect to see Gadret at the Tour in 2011.
 
Sep 23, 2009
409
0
0
Visit site
TRDean said:
What? Protected? Him riding with the big boys this year has nothing to do with his father...well, the genes do. But it is not like Contador and Schleck et al. looked and said...here is young Roche, he is a protected guy!! Give me a break. He is a fantastic young rider who was screwed over by a ****ty teamate. I also like the way he stands up for himself...he shows he is a leader!


Of course he is protected by his connections, if you don't know or understand that, I.m not going to hold your hand while explaining how it works, it happens in all sports, maybe you don't do any? Giving breaks is not on my agenda, a trus** team ate, what did they eat?
 
Jul 22, 2009
3,355
1
0
Visit site
I don't even care about the whole story. That dude looks guilty of anything and everything.


01-_John_avant_la_course.jpg
 

Joey_J

BANNED
Aug 1, 2009
99
0
0
Visit site
Turns out that Gadret is Roberto Visintini's God-son.

And Roche needs to dismount from his high horse. Today he couldn't even keep up with 3 guys that used to race with his dad; and he tried.
 
Sep 23, 2009
409
0
0
Visit site
Joey_J said:
Turns out that Gadret is Roberto Visintini's God-son.

And Roche needs to dismount from his high horse. Today he couldn't even keep up with 3 guys that used to race with his dad; and he tried.

I wondered about that, but you are joking? I really did think that it was to strange an occurrance to be just a luvvers tiff. Roche is doing grand and even the burds are out hunting for him.
 
Jun 23, 2010
518
0
0
Visit site
Roche

.....unasumming rider who is sneeking up the ranks year by year. No need for media attention etc. Does his job. Improving consistenly. mmmmhhh.....sounds like we have a tour winner possibilty. Have we had a father son winner yet. Stats fans???
 
Jan 2, 2010
395
0
0
Visit site
Watching Gadret during the Giro, I remember thinking he'd be a great climbing domestique for a top GT team to acquire. He really hurt his stock with that display of disloyalty.
 
That's the problem with riding for a French team and the irony is Roche is French enough to know it. The French are chauvinists, French riders are chauvinists and time and time again they'll flick each other never mind "foreigners".

Gadret may leave AG2R (doubt it) but he'll have no problem getting another contract. People will tut tut but the French implicitly like this kind of behaviour. French people love duplicity and they love sticking it to the man. Hinault was an *** and they loved him for it. He'll eventually be loved for this.
 
hulkgogan said:
That's the problem with riding for a French team and the irony is Roche is French enough to know it. The French are chauvinists, French riders are chauvinists and time and time again they'll flick each other never mind "foreigners".

Gadret may leave AG2R (doubt it) but he'll have no problem getting another contract. People will tut tut but the French implicitly like this kind of behaviour. French people love duplicity and they love sticking it to the man. Hinault was an *** and they loved him for it. He'll eventually be loved for this.

Ah, but Hinault would then go on and win. Gadret did not and could not on the given day. His move was non-sensical ... he has damaged his ability to profit off of his trade. If he 'wins' on Thursday, then all will likely be forgiven ... but the odds of that are ... :eek: :p
 
BroDeal said:
Sounds like Gadret should have broken his radio when no one was looking...

the day before that happened Lövkvist didn't stay with Wiggins and after the stage he said to swedish Eurosport that he didn't recognize Wiggins losing contact and there were so many people talking on the radio that he could not understand that he was supposed to stay with him.

of course, Gadret crossed Roche so he must have known, but possibly Lövkvist was just the same way ****ed from having to stay with a leader being not as strong as supposed to as Gadret was...
 
Mar 18, 2009
1,844
1
0
Visit site
D Avoid said:
Of course he is protected by his connections, if you don't know or understand that, I.m not going to hold your hand while explaining how it works, it happens in all sports, maybe you don't do any? Giving breaks is not on my agenda, a trus** team ate, what did they eat?

Pull your head out of your bumb!! How is he protected? And I don't need some snitty little crotch sore to hold my hand. Roche made it where he is on merit...not on name...there are plenty of riders sons who don't make it to the level Roche did. So stick that in you tube!
 
Sep 23, 2009
409
0
0
Visit site
TRDean said:
Pull your head out of your bumb!! How is he protected? And I don't need some snitty little crotch sore to hold my hand. Roche made it where he is on merit...not on name...there are plenty of riders sons who don't make it to the level Roche did. So stick that in you tube!

Pull your head out of your bumb, or it might explude.


Your attempt at replying to what I wrote, cleverly disguised as an admittance of a stupity, even Gadret would find embarrassing, is commendable for the fact that it contains none. I look forward to hearing more less from you, assuming you exist in the worst place.
 
unsheath said:
I guess this is what happens when you have a mediocre team leader. Roche is destined to become a super domestique once he realises he can't hang with the big boys.

Still a scumbag reaction by Gadret though. Question is what does AG2R do? Stick with the Frenchie or give Roche the flick? They cant ride in the same team after this.
isn't Roche french national? his mother is french and he lives in france , I bet he was born there as well. Reguardless of the nationality, that Gadret is a louse for doing what they say he did. But then I have a natural distaste for stories that are told from one side. they generally fake stories.. The puncture wasn't fake though, that much is clear. I am really turned off to Agr2 for not making a statement.
 
scribe said:
I don't even care about the whole story. That dude looks guilty of anything and everything.


01-_John_avant_la_course.jpg
laughs.... You have been abusing freedom fries again and the greese is raising to your kepit. Leave the poor bald guy alone.It is bad enough he lost his hair now he lost his chances to fail at a stage.