• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GC Showdown TdF 2012: T. Martin vs. A. Schleck

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will finish higher on GC - 2012 TdF?

• Andy Schleck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cineteq said:
I don't have either of them in my top 10 GC for 2012 TdF.

You don't have Andy in your top10? That's insane imo. I don't know if he can win on this course, but unless he crashes, he's a lock for top10 imo.

And I'm going to say Andy to this question, if for no other reason but that I don't even know it's even a goal for Martin to finish high in the GC this year.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Shortly after the 2012 TdF route was unveiled, an article where Tony Martin said he liked it and how it suited him because of the time trials was put out. I'm pretty sure it also mentioned something about having a crack at the top 10.

spalco said:
You don't have Andy in your top10? That's insane imo. I don't know if he can win on this course, but unless he crashes, he's a lock for top10 imo.
I'm re-considering putting Andy in my top 10, perhaps around 7th place.

spalco said:
And I'm going to say Andy to this question, if for no other reason but that I don't even know it's even a goal for Martin to finish high in the GC this year.
Tony could be 10 consecutive stages in yellow, if that isn't enough motivation...then I don't know what is. Remember what happened last year with Voeckler?

cineteq said:
I'm re-considering putting Andy in my top 10, perhaps around 7th place.

Tony could be 10 consecutive stages in yellow, if that isn't enough motivation...then I don't know what is. Remember what happened last year with Voeckler?

The prologue is only 6km. That should be too short for Tony.
If Cancellara is there he willw in it, no doubt.