Gesink to the Shack?

Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Dutch cycling followers are pretty active on twitter. I reckon this is a comment to stop the endless flow of tweets asking him what they thought of our national cycling hope ;)

Oh, and BTW, Gesink has a contract with Rabo for two more years, so Lance can woo all he want, ain't nothin' gonna happen.
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,273
2
0
Ninety5rpm said:
I think that's a typical comment LA would make when wooing a prospect.
Admit it. You're trying to rile up the Dutch fans to attack LA when the Tour is in Holland two weeks from now. :p Actually, this would probably do it. :D
 
LA was indeed probably getting stalked by Dutch twitter users.

In fact, if you checked out Twitters world wide trending topics the last week. You got results such as "Wilders", "TK2010" (tweede kamer 2010) when we had our elections, all in the top 10...

It kinda makes me feel like we Dutch are by far the largest group of people doing nothing at work and go on the internet the entire day :p
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
Gesink to replace Levi on Bottle duties

Gesink to replace Levi on Bottle duties and towing Uniballer around France?

Pros - A Ferrari Engine and you will only otherwise be required for work for 3 weeks in July and 2 weeks in May.

Cons - Forget winning anything other than a minor Spanish race.

Doesn't the Uniballer suck up to the Schlecks every now and again?
 
Jan 20, 2010
713
0
0
Gesink is in the best team he can be in for the next few years, I don’t see why he would want to move to another team.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Pharmstrong’s praise of Gesink is more a jibe at some of his opposition that finished behind him in the stage, he has a peculiar way of operating.
 
Mar 20, 2009
406
0
0
Mrs John Murphy said:
Gesink to replace Levi on Bottle duties and towing Uniballer around France?

Pros - A Ferrari Engine and you will only otherwise be required for work for 3 weeks in July and 2 weeks in May.

Cons - Forget winning anything other than a minor Spanish race.

Doesn't the Uniballer suck up to the Schlecks every now and again?
you're just a sad insignificant. stfu
 

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
711
0
0
Ninety5rpm said:
I think that's a typical comment LA would make when wooing a prospect.
Actually if you look at LA's twitters he almost always congratulates the winner of the race, nothing to do with wooing anyone.
 

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
711
0
0
Willy_Voet said:
I didn't think Gesink was 35 yet. He's got over a decade before he could make the 'Shack roster.
Well they certainly managed to move pretty quickly on their zimmer frames today. They made Saxo look second rate. I also note that the fatman comments have become less as the tour looms. The fatman rode better than a lot of the other pretenders today.
 

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
711
0
0
danjo007 said:
you're just a sad insignificant. stfu
Lol mate this forum is full of people like like him. You could write their actual cycling knowledge on the back of a postage stamp. Anyone with even half a brain could see today that Shack are shaping up well for the tour and are looking a lot better than Saxo and will also be a lot stronger than Astana come July as a team.
 
SpartacusRox said:
Well they certainly managed to move pretty quickly on their zimmer frames today. They made Saxo look second rate. I also note that the fatman comments have become less as the tour looms. The fatman rode better than a lot of the other pretenders today.
Who called Gesink fat? I never saw it. The only person called fat lately on these forums was--oh, wait. Now I see. You read this as an attack on Armstrong, and leapt to his (unnecessary) defense.
 

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
711
0
0
mr. tibbs said:
Who called Gesink fat? I never saw it. The only person called fat lately on these forums was--oh, wait. Now I see. You read this as an attack on Armstrong, and leapt to his (unnecessary) defense.
Lol I wasn't leaping to anyone's defence. I was merely pointing out something I had observed. as you say Armstrong didn't need any defending and rode well. I was more disappointed that Tony Martin got dropped as I was hoping that he could hold on for the win which he most likely would have achieved if had managed to hang on today.
 
theyoungest said:
Dutch cycling followers are pretty active on twitter. I reckon this is a comment to stop the endless flow of tweets asking him what they thought of our national cycling hope ;)

Oh, and BTW, Gesink has a contract with Rabo for two more years, so Lance can woo all he want, ain't nothin' gonna happen.
It wouldn't be the first time a contract was bought out but considering he's Dutch and on a Dutch team his leaving before his contract is up is quite unlikely. Rabo has been patient and supportive in his progress and I believe he will give them a good return on their investment. He's a quality rider with a bright future.
 
Mrs John Murphy said:
Gesink to replace Levi on Bottle duties and towing Uniballer around France?

Pros - A Ferrari Engine and you will only otherwise be required for work for 3 weeks in July and 2 weeks in May.

Cons - Forget winning anything other than a minor Spanish race.

Doesn't the Uniballer suck up to the Schlecks every now and again?
Do you know something i dont?
 
SpartacusRox said:
Lol I wasn't leaping to anyone's defence. I was merely pointing out something I had observed. as you say Armstrong didn't need any defending and rode well. I was more disappointed that Tony Martin got dropped as I was hoping that he could hold on for the win which he most likely would have achieved if had managed to hang on today.
I'm confused. The usual defense for a less than stellar Armstrong/Shack performance is that the real race is in July. Now that Armstrong and Shack's Tour primaries are finally showing a bit of form, you use that to minimize the performance of Saxo's Tour primaries (A&F Schleck, Fuglsang), who actually didn't look any worse or better than the Shack riders. Which is it gonna be?
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
SpartacusRox said:
Well they certainly managed to move pretty quickly on their zimmer frames today. They made Saxo look second rate. I also note that the fatman comments have become less as the tour looms. The fatman rode better than a lot of the other pretenders today.
WTF? The Shack showed zero initiative, and burned up both Leipheimer and Klöden in the chase, in favour of the weaker TT-ist Armstrong. Stupid tactics, and they certainly were weaker than Saxo, who lit up the race with attacks by both Schleck brothers.
 
Not exactly.

The general Dutch public (outside the real cycling fans here) are more or less LA followers.
This is because the biggest dutch cycling pundit, Mart Smeets, is a Lance Armstrong *** kisser.
So everything Armstrong does is big news. And Smeets thinks the light shines out of his eyes
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Not exactly.

The general Dutch public (outside the real cycling fans here) are more or less LA followers.
This is because the biggest dutch cycling pundit, Mart Smeets, is a Lance Armstrong *** kisser.
So everything Armstrong does is big news. And Smeets thinks the light shines out of his eyes
But you would not be happy?
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Just wait until Lance hears that Gesink was always more of an Ullrich fan, which he said in an interview. The Gesink love will soon be over :p
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS