• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro del Trentino 2013

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Miburo said:
Ok, him then?

h7C9DBF36

Couldn't resist.

Ofc, Weening will win LBL with about 10 min:p

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
brilleaben said:
Shame we didn't get to see a real head to head Wiggins vs. Nibali on these steep parts.
Exactly.
Maybe it was just Englishman's deception.
Not giving anything away before the Giro.
(choose emoticons by your own choice to interpret the comment).

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Orbit501 said:
Bouet manages to stay on the podium. Chapeau!

LOL... i was rooting for him.. Poor that guy.. hanging his dear life... Congrats for his fighting spirit. Astana team looks promising with Aru and Tirrolongo. SOL for wiggins but nibali's form looks good.

Yes Nibali!!!!!!!! :)

Great ride, trashed his legs for LBL? but took it down. Happy Bouet managed to salvage a podium, Chapeau!

We'll never know what would have happened if Wiggo hadn't tossed his bike, but the incident shouldn't have cost him 1:36. Probably couldn't calc his chase back without a power meter???

Anyway Nibs Beat Froome, Nibs beat Wiggo...Giro should be Great :)

Carols said:
Yes Nibali!!!!!!!! :)

Great ride, trashed his legs for LBL? but took it down. Happy Bouet managed to salvage a podium, Chapeau!

We'll never know what would have happened if Wiggo hadn't tossed his bike, but the incident shouldn't have cost him 1:36. Probably couldn't calc his chase back without a power meter???

Anyway Nibs Beat Froome, Nibs beat Wiggo...Giro should be Great :)

I'm guessing lack of power meter, hard chase back and then increased perception of effort/lactate pain due to more negative situation all came together quite nicely. If he was relying on his sensations to set pace, then being behind already after misfortune is almost guaranteed to make the sensations a lot worse, and there's no powermeter to tell you it's in your head.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, Nibali was forced to attack much earlier than he would have done as he had to go before Wiggins bridged back. Without the mechanical we would have seen a much different race and Bouet may have had a chance of holding on to the overall.

Astana and Nibali very strong. Favourite for the Giro.

One thing that is noticeable with Sky's GC riders this season is that they've quite often shown weakness at the end of stage races. Take Suitsou today for instance. Way down on his performance on Wednesday. I doubt Wiggins would have been able to stay with Nibali today but we'll never know I guess. I really don't think he's as strong as himself and Kerrison have been saying though.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
JRanton said:
Astana and Nibali very strong. Favourite for the Giro.

One thing that is noticeable with Sky's GC riders this season is that they've quite often shown weakness at the end of stage races. Take Suitsou today for instance. Way down on his performance on Wednesday. I doubt Wiggins would have been able to stay with Nibali today but we'll never know I guess. I really don't think he's as strong as himself and Kerrison have been saying though.

Siutsou let it all hang out on Wednesday to take the stage win, deserved after a season marred by injury but I suggested that it would hurt him for the rest of the race.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
What exactly do you mean - problems riding, or problems with the bike? If the latter, then yes, he stopped and accelerated twice before giving up and switching.

He was potentially having problems even right at the start of the climb. What's he doing riding so far back in the bunch on the climbs, did it on Wednesday too?