• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021: Rest day 2 talk/poll

Who is going to podium this Giro (select three)?

• Bernal

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Caruso

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Carthy

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Vlasov

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Yates

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Ciccone

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Bardet

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • The outsiders (Almeida, Foss, Formolo, Dan Martin)

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Moonshot (Bennet, Nibali, Evenepoel, Mollema, TJVG, Jan Tratnik, ...)

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters
It's that time again. When cyclists go to bed and wake up and there is nothing to do so they just go cycling again for fun.

E1rXRwNX0AEVfZK

Finally a place to talk about the important things.

First of all: Beards. I don't like beards. There are too many beards in the peloton at the moment, note, usually not among the main contenders, but among those who obviously don't need to be as aero because they don't have a chance anyway. There's basically only one rider in the whole peloton whose beard looks fancy on him and that is Martinez. Martinez looks perfect with his beard, a mixture of a venturous war-horse and a sneaky, greasy ravisher from a dark den of thieves. He rides like the least adventurous wrapper here, but, well. Caruso managed to sneak along despite exhibiting a rather meek kind of beard.

Secondly, body-hair. Why, one has to ask, does Simon Yates not excel in rainy conditions with that extra-warming hair on the arms the Yates refuse to shave off, that should in theory give them some kind of advantage? Do they have a really low body temperature to begin with?

Thirdly, scalp hair. Both Almeida and Evenepoel seem to have good hair. No, you would not have been able to tell who should be the leader in advance by looking at their hair.

Finally, we need to talk about rain jackets. Although there have been some minor issues, there hasn't been a big fail - until today. Did Vlasov lose his podium spot due to his rain jacket getting caught up in this wheels? They said something about it, but I didn't see it, not because of the broadcast but because I wasn't watching at that time, I think. Can anybody clarify?

Secondly, body-hair. Why, one has to ask, does Simon Yates not excel in rainy conditions with that extra-warming hair on the arms the Yates refuse to shave off, that should in theory give them some kind of advantage? Do they have a really low body temperature to begin with?

Thirdly, scalp hair. Both Almeida and Evenepoel seem to have good hair. No, you would not have been able to tell who should be the leader in advance by looking at their hair.

Actually hairy arms might be more aero than the shaved ones. Due to the similair effect as vortex generators work.
Remember those Sky's vortex skinsuits in '18 Tour?

As for Bernal's haircut. Using this as a leadership rating criteria, he certianly wasn't a worthy leader during last year`s Tour :D

2884014-59388288-2560-1440.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonimenier
Actually hairy arms might be more aero than the shaved ones. Due to the similair effect as vortex generators work.
Remember those Sky's vortex skinsuits in '18 Tour?

As for Bernal's haircut. Using this as a leadership rating criteria, he certianly wasn't a worthy leader during last year`s Tour :D

2884014-59388288-2560-1440.png
He cut that himself, right? If I remember correctly. Good thing he chose the profession of a cyclist and not that of a barber.

The battle for the last 2 places on the podium is exciting. It's hard to pick who is gonna be there, I think weather will play an important role. Caruso is good on bad weather and that's Yates's weakness. Also Vlasov seems to have mismanaged his peak. I picked Bernal, Caruso and Yates.

Reactions: Sandisfan
"Following the tragic events of last Sunday that involved the Mottarone Cableway - and in agreement with the Italian Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the Piedmont Region and all the other institutions concerned, have decided to modify the route of stage 19 of the Corsa Rosa," RCS Sport wrote in a statement released on Tuesday.

Last edited:
"Following the tragic events of last Sunday that involved the Mottarone Cableway - and in agreement with the Italian Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the Piedmont Region and all the other institutions concerned, have decided to modify the route of stage 19 of the Corsa Rosa," RCS Sport wrote in a statement released on Tuesday.

So they changed a 1st category for a 4th category. I assume there are no other climbs around.

• Angry
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS