• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps I was a little harsh about Luc Hall, which is why I deleted the original post. But, I really would like to know what he has done to get a place in Team Wiggins. I've looked again to find any results, but I can't see anything to warrant his place in the team.

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
There are lots of riders you could question whether they deserve a place in the peloton, but no sense singling out a kid in this way.

That's a fair comment. But every rider on the Wiggins team has some kind of record in bike racing, which is why they have been signed up. Leaving aside his results at the Manchester Velodrome, I can't find any reference to Luc Hall.

Re: Re:

CyclingBabylon said:
TMP402 said:
There are lots of riders you could question whether they deserve a place in the peloton, but no sense singling out a kid in this way.

That's a fair comment. But every rider on the Wiggins team has some kind of record in bike racing, which is why they have been signed up. Leaving aside his results at the Manchester Velodrome, I can't find any reference to Luc Hall.

Well I'll give you three possibilities:

1. Tao Hart tweeted at him in 2011. This suggests he was active as a junior and maybe results that aren't available online showed good enough promise.
2. If he's at the Manchester Velodrome perhaps British Cycling consider(ed) him a prospect and decided to put him into the Wiggins team to see what he could do.
3. Perhaps as a Cheshire lad, Wiggins himself liked the cut of Hall's jib.