• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Good place to buy a jersey in Paris

I hope this is the appropriate board to post this in.

My wife is in Paris this week for a book signing (if you like the STRANGER THINGS television show and happen to be in Paris on Thursday, consider attending her event at FNAC Saint-Lazare, à 18h as her generous hosts have it) and she wants to bring me home a "French cycling jersey." She hasn't had any luck finding a shop that carries such near her hotel (which is apparently close to the Louvre, on rue Dauphine, that's about all I can tell you, sorry). She checked a couple of places that Google Maps sent her to this afternoon and it was all ski clothing and golf gear.

Anyway, if anybody knows of a good shop where she's likely to find a suitably French jersey in a size I can wear (I wear large or, in some manufacturer's products, extra large in American sizing), a shop that's reasonably close to her hotel or I guess to that bookshop, and will be helpful to a crazy haired American author without even a word of French in her vocabulary, please do let me know.

There is a Le Coq Sportif shop on Rue Monmartre (she'd just have to walk over Pont Neuf, up to Les Halles and it's over the other side of the complex. The shop is 1 Rue Monmartre or something like that). I can't guarantee they'll have cycling stuff in that shop, but they have a nice range of jerseys and the logo is obviously instantly recognisable as French. I think that'd be your best bet.

There are some good Lebanese food places around Les Halles too.

Re:

King Boonen said:
There is a Le Coq Sportif shop on Rue Monmartre (she'd just have to walk over Pont Neuf, up to Les Halles and it's over the other side of the complex. The shop is 1 Rue Monmartre or something like that). I can't guarantee they'll have cycling stuff in that shop, but they have a nice range of jerseys and the logo is obviously instantly recognisable as French. I think that'd be your best bet.

There are some good Lebanese food places around Les Halles too.

Thanks! I'll pass this along!

TRENDING THREADS