• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

good running forum

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
i want to start to do some runs and i'd like to know which forums are the best so i can search some info and ask some things

thks

I'm a runner and I've followed letsrun.com , I find some threads that are ok but for the most part there are a LOT of immature and just silly posters. seems like a huge number of posters there are high school or very young...

good luck.

iZnoGouD said:
i want to start to do some runs and i'd like to know which forums are the best so i can search some info and ask some things

thks

Running is so individual---I might suggest that you actually read some mags , read some interviews or stories by well known runners and their advice, and maybe look for a local running group with a good rep so you can train smartly.
Take it slow, don't be in a rush to grab fast times as that is how most runners get injured!

too much too soon.
good luck:)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:

thks

letsrun is a bit too much to begin with.

Maybe go out and purchase a book like Run Strong by Kevin Beck or Lore of Running by Tim Noakes. That would be a good start to find your answers to those questions.

Other than that how about do some Klicks or Miles. Maybe get it up to about 30 miles a week and then start asking some questions?

Anyhow I would (in my opinion) stay away from the lets run crowd until you get a few months of miles underneath yourself.

TRENDING THREADS