• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg Lemond's predictions...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
As far as selling gear at a profit that is standard practice. All kinds of team bikes on E-Bay. Back when I raced guys would win jr. races take their prize gear to the bike shops and sell it to the bike shops for cash. Standard practice. That is how certain amatuers can pay their gas and lodging to the next race.
My guess is Greg and Floyd did the same when they were young.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Jagers said:
Sold for profit?!? Where are your FACTS to back this statement up anyways?!? He actually has GIVEN most of them away to charities or events NOT for profit. Anyone who knows Greg personally truly understands his generosity. (I've always maintained "generous to a fault" personally). Unlike Pharmstrong and friends who used bike sales to fund their PED program......

McRoadie was joking....besides the judge tossed out this portion of Trek's case. it had no merit.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
As great a rider as LeMond was, he is now a head case. I forgive him for trying to hurt US cycling. I double forgive Floyd.
If it suits certain fans: go support those two. Frankly I think LeMond and Floyd are lost sheep.

I forgive you as well.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
Please give examples of Lemond lying. After you make the list compare it to Pharmstrong's list.

Please correct you disrespectful avatar. While you are at it please learn how to spell lord LeMonds' name.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
Please give examples of Lemond lying. After you make the list compare it to Pharmstrong's list.

The response was a retort against race radio's 'sociopath' drivel.

The post was regarding LeMond's failed predictions as they related to Armstrong. Race, as he does, moved sideways into the Trek case. Perhaps you could list the predictions regarding Armstrong that LeMond has made that have actually come to pass? Predictions, not allegations because he is pretty good at those too.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
The response was a retort against race radio's 'sociopath' drivel.

Drivel? Please tell us which of these traits does not apply to your Mancrush

-Glibness and Superficial Charm
-Manipulative and Conning
-Grandiose Sense of Self
-Pathological Lying
-Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
-Shallow Emotions
-Incapacity for Love
-Need for Stimulation
-Callousness/Lack of Empathy
-Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
-Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency