• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg LeMond's Twitter?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
It is NOT the real Greg Lemond!

why are you so sure?

i know the emerckx wasn't the real eddy, but it had some pretty good tweets anyway

i have this one favorited:

"to get shape better must train like breathing. you don't stop breathing because tired. or because life is busy"

this one was good too

"you may discover what impossible due to circumstance of birth is made possible due to circumstance of how you choose live life"

and this:

"Finished good, long ride. Is same for you? Bicycle ride is always trip from sadness!"

eddy's an inspiration even when he's being mocked

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
derailleur said:
why are you so sure?

It's the PR firm that Lance hired. Not sure, but if you go read the Trek thread in the clinic, you will see that it is extremely likely that they are about to unleash a torrent of negative stuff on that twitter account.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
It's the PR firm that Lance hired. Not sure, but if you go read the Trek thread in the clinic, you will see that it is extremely likely that they are about to unleash a torrent of negative stuff on that twitter account.
At first I thought you were having a laugh - but after checking Lances PR company Public Strategieswebsite you could be right. I really like the last part!

The social media landscape continues to change, expanding its reach and growing more complex on a daily basis. Whether it is using social networking websites, blogs, video sharing sites, wikis, or micro media tools like Twitter, social media enables people with a vested interest to communicate to thousands within seconds, garner opinion and amplify positive sentiment to a wide audience.

We help our clients build plans for utilizing social media in a way that works with their brand identification and communication goals. We also help them identify potential risks and strategies should any unwelcome scrutiny or attention occur