• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gregory Rast

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
i have a very distinct memory from last year of this guy i had barely heard of (only thanks to PCM) charging up through the alps on the front of the main field day after day.

yesterday he finished 5 min down from the main field, crash maybe?

either way i personally believe his performance in last year's race was extremely suspicious and wondering if anyone else is watching this guy's results in particular in 2010.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
what a ridiculous post

How can you link a 'poor' performance yesterday (especially given the chaos on the roads) to evidence of historical PED use. There were several notable names below Rast on yesterday's stage who have won many many races in past years. Why not target them too?

total BS

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Gregy's best days are probably over. To lose in a stage like yesterday, where the entire peloton crashes is no indication of anything with regard to form.

With his physics, he will always lose big time in climbs, like most roleurs. He had his best years in 2008 and 2007, particuarly in the Ronde van Vlaanderen where he was in a shape and form to finish on the podium but for tactical, technical or crash reasons finished 15th in 2007 and 13th in 2008.

And as already stated, he is a domestique, so doesn't matter if he loses 5, 10 or 15 min or more in a tour stage, if he did his helper job before.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
barn yard said:
i have a very distinct memory from last year of this guy i had barely heard of (only thanks to PCM) charging up through the alps on the front of the main field day after day.

either way i personally believe his performance in last year's race was extremely suspicious and wondering if anyone else is watching this guy's results in particular in 2010.

I have no memory of Rast leading the main field on any climb where the pelaton numbered less then 100-150.

If a guy is riding a pace at the front that Cavendish is following... it doesn't mean anything.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
LOL. It was always Paulinho setting the pace in the Mountains in last years Tour. Rast and the Kazak ryder lasted only for the first 50km.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
barn yard said:

last time i tried i found it very difficult to ride a bike fast with a missing wheel

he gave one of his to Lance when he flatted

TRENDING THREADS