• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 240 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Did he finish a Monument this year?

(And well, I suppose the Country that has... phrasing was always taken to mean Hosts. After all; lots of countries have victories in WT races, not so many that host them.)

Yes, he did finish a monument
(I know, I just wanted to point out the slightly ambiguous phraseology used)

A european Male cyclist who has not been active either during or after 2000 but was active after the end of WW2 and strangely enough has Eyes (plural so more than one), I guess that rules out cyclops :D

He has podiumed a monumment but not a grand tour and is from a country with a UCI registered stage race.

A european Male cyclist who has not been active either during or after 1980 but was active after the end of WW2 and strangely enough has Eyes (plural so more than one), I guess that rules out cyclops :D

He has podiumed a monumment though never won a monument has not podiumed a grand tour and is from a country hosting at least one monument and a grand tour. He has never won a grand tour stage.

Re:

del1962 said:
A european Male cyclist who has not been active either during or after 1980 but was active after the end of WW2 and strangely enough has Eyes (plural so more than one), I guess that rules out cyclops :D

He has podiumed a monumment though never won a monument has not podiumed a grand tour and is from a country hosting at least one monument and a grand tour. He has never won a grand tour stage.

Is he Italian?
(The fact you wrote 'at least' one monument makes me think he is Italian and not French)
Did he podium one of the cobbled monuments? (Flanders/Roubaix)
Did he ever win a one day WT race?
(WT as of this year - 2017 - as opposed to whether it was WT then)

A French Male cyclist who has not been active either during or after 1980 but was active after the end of WW2 and strangely enough has Eyes (plural so more than one), I guess that rules out cyclops :D

He has podiumed a monument (which was neither Paris Roubaix or Flanders) but never won a monument,
He has not podiumed a grand tour.
He has never won a grand tour stage.
He has never won a one day race that is currently a WT race.

A French Male cyclist who has not been active either during or after 1980 but was active after the end of WW2 and strangely enough has Eyes (plural so more than one), I guess that rules out cyclops :D

He has podiumed an Italian monument (which was neither Paris Roubaix or Flanders) but never won a monument,
He has never won any of the following a one day race that is currently a WT race, an Olympic medal, the mens World Championships Road Race and Paris-Camembert.

He has never won a monument, however he has podiumed Milan San Remo but never podiumed Paris Roubaix, Flanders or LBL
He has never won any of the following a one day race that is currently a WT race, an Olympic medal, the mens World Championships Road Race and Paris-Camembert.

TRENDING THREADS