• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 308 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think we need an upgrade to this game.

I'll answer the first set of questions, tobydawg should answer the next set and so on.
The players should at the same time be in both roles this way.
Let's see where it will get us.
Are you in?

Older than 27 years old
Ridden this year

Yes, there are certain issues we might have to solve along the way...
For example, we can limit the number of answering posters on two (alternating answering). Or we can include combined time/post factor in the game in order to prevent the ping-pong or lockdown.

We need three active participants at least.

Everyone's freedom is bounded by the freedom of others... that's the idea.

Yes, there are certain issues we might have to solve along the way...
For example, we can limit the number of answering posters on two (alternating answering). Or we can include combined time/post factor in the game in order to prevent the ping-pong or lockdown.

We need three active participants at least.

Everyone's freedom is bounded by the freedom of others... that's the idea.

Okay, sounds good, Sir... I'm going to watch from afar... and maybe, with time, I will understand. lol

I'll try to explain the idea...

Tobydawg asks: "Older than 27 years old? Ridden this year?"
I answer yes to both, thinking about Nibali, for example.
Then Armchair cyclist asks: "European? WorldTeam? Surname in second half of alphabet?"
Tobydawg answers inside the frame of 27+ years old and ridden this year, thinking about a specific rider.
Then the next member asks, and Armchair cyclist (or some other member if it takes too long for Armchair cyclist to show up again) answers inside the framework and so on until we guess.

The game basically can go to the point of a single possibility.
When it comes to the concrete names, if someone wants to try luck before the single possible answer, the last answering member (before the one guessing a specific rider) answers and the game continues with next member's questions and answers from a member guessing the name (or some other if it's taking too long for him to show up again... let's say 3 hours is too long, we can make an agreement about that).

That's the idea.
We should be able to work it out along the way or return to the original format.

Older than 27 years old
Ridden this year
European? Yes
WorldTeam? Yes
Surname in second half of alphabet? Not all the letters, but the first one yes
From a country with the Atlantic coast? Yes
A GT country? No
Top 10 Monument finisher? No
GT stage winner? I think it has to be: "yes"

Been part of the winning squad in a TTT, but never actually won an individual stage? No

The problem comes in when answers are not black and white.

Judging by his answer to the question about winning a GC stage, I think that Sir Fly thought that there were only 2 possibilities left after my answers, although I think I left a shortlist of about 30, because SF had a narrower interpretation of "Atlantic coastline" than I had.

But now it doesn't matter what Sir Fly thought, because we are trying to guess who Shadow thinks it is?

Is his registered nationality currently operating on the same timezone as British Summer Time (UTC/GMT +1) ? (I think I know what Sir Fly's answer would have been, I am not sure what Shadow will say)

The problem comes in when answers are not black and white.

Judging by his answer to the question about winning a GC stage, I think that Sir Fly thought that there were only 2 possibilities left after my answers, although I think I left a shortlist of about 30, because SF had a narrower interpretation of "Atlantic coastline" than I had.

But now it doesn't matter what Sir Fly thought, because we are trying to guess who Shadow thinks it is?

Is his registered nationality currently operating on the same timezone as British Summer Time (UTC/GMT +1) ? (I think I know what Sir Fly's answer would have been, I am not sure what Shadow will say)

Isn't it RHD's now? Since she asked me the TTT question and I answered.

Is his registered nationality currently operating on the same timezone as British Summer Time (UTC/GMT +1) ? But this is yes.

I thought that was more trying to clarify what Sir Fly meant by 'I think it has to be: "yes" ', but I suppose it was a question.

So @RedheadDane , if I have understood this correctly, you now need to choose a rider who fits all the criteria we have established so far, and answer my question about his timezone according to that rider. I will then pick one of the remaining possibilities, and ask whatever question is put to me, on the basis of that.

If it helps, I can PM you my shortlist of those who I don't think have yet been excluded, but given that answers exist for either a yes or a no, you may as well flick a virtual coin, as whatever choice you make will become redundant anyway.