• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 309 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Look what you've done! You have broken the game, you silly people!

Older than 27 years old
Ridden this year
European? Yes
WorldTeam? Yes
Surname in second half of alphabet? Not all the letters, but the first one yes
From a country with the Atlantic coast? Yes
A GT country? No
Top 10 Monument finisher? No
GT stage winner? I think it has to be: "yes"
Been part of the winning squad in a TTT, but never actually won an individual stage? No

Is his registered nationality currently operating on the same timezone as British Summer Time (UTC/GMT +1) ? Yes...

I think there are 3 riders still in there (and I should have anticipated Sir Fly's shortlist as 3 rather than 2). Are you bearing in mind earlier discussion of what it means to be over a given age? If I were in a pub the day after my 18th birthday, I would certainly assert that I was over 18 (although I had been claiming it for a year or ore prior to that...)

And if I answer your question about whether it is down to two riders, does that mean that it is now up to you to have someone in mind?

Last edited:
My question of two riders was a general question not for the game. I was curious what our end game is.

And no I was looking at 28 and older so if we go by the age than I see three possibilities. Though I'm the opposite, if someone asked me if I was over 26 I would say I am 26 not 27.

Last edited:
Older than 27 years old
Ridden this year
European? Yes
WorldTeam? Yes
A GT country? No
Been part of the winning squad in a TTT, but never actually won an individual stage? No
Is his registered nationality currently on timezone UTC/GMT +1? Yes...

Won a national championship? Yes
(and I believe there are now only two possibilities, so Shadow can basically decide whether the next guesser wins or not)

I'll assume that in giving me his answer, Shadow was giving me permission to tell the next person yes or no. So

Older than 27 years old
Ridden this year
European? Yes
WorldTeam? Yes
A GT country? No
Is his registered nationality currently on timezone UTC/GMT +1? Yes...
Won a national championship? Yes

Roche? No

So now I suppose someone has to ask RHD a question, but if RHD is out of possibilities and cannot answer, we seem to have reached an impasse.

Portuguese?

Armchair cyclist/SHAD0W93 is answering since we got to the point of guessing a concrete rider. When that happens (someone asks for a concrete name and doesn't guess) we just register it and continue as there wasn't a question about the name.
C'mon people, don't pull my leg... it's easy to improvise.

TRENDING THREADS